Please recommend some high-end DNA squonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2018
NoVA
So far in doing my research I’ve come up with the following: big Apple mods, box mod mafia, SVA, Art & mod, and MMVapors. Any others you can recommend?

I’ve never owned a Squonker but for reference, my current mod is a Dicodes Dani Box. I’m looking for a dna 75C, specifically...

... and it looks like I’ll have to create a Facebook account soon *sigh*

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Hmmm,,, how about the MMV Palm-BF ?
It's not the "C" but is a DNA-75 and the detail/design/manufacture, aesthetics and ergonomics appear to be phenomenal.
Actually, when my 1st "Let's go easy till I decide if I like this Squonkin' thing" Mod (Hcigar Inbox) takes its inevitable untimely "Dump", that's exactly what I've planned to replace it with to join the Therion-bf DNA-75 (which is a nice and highly capable Squonker IMO).

Check it out.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
"Made of 3D nylon printed plastic "

Someone educate me here. How exactly does this make high-end vs metal.

Not weight, just durability.

To each his own, but I wouldn't personally drop $200 on a plastic mod. 75c or not.

Not trying to start a fight, just curious why something like this is "high-end"?

• Agree
Reactions: Bimini Twist

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Which Mod is 3d Nylon? That Rebel?
(I confess I was disinterested and lazy to the point of not following the Link and looking myself,,, ;))
Lol, yeah.

I don't know about "high-end" but either the Inbox or Therion would be solid choices.

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2018
NoVA
Here’s what a buddy told me that helped me understand:

“Many factors, exclusivity maybe being a predominant one. With the squonking scene a lot is driven by hype, I would say crafstmanship helps things come to the fore. For the BAM specifically, ultem is firstly not cheap and secondly a huge pain to work with and actually produce a mod from. So John (the modder) has to spend a good deal of time to make everything consistently up to his standard.”

For other pieces, I’d say engineering, overall fit/finish, components used, how it all comes together, and (most importantly) craftsmanship. I’ve read some reviews on the Therion and there are cons in the overall design, like how the battery slides in and out.

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2018
NoVA
So I pulled th trigger on the new Rebel DNA 75C 2x700. Ended up costing ~$270 (which is considerably cheaper than the $500+ boutiquey FaceBook group mods) with the optional Ally Black finish.

I contacted Rebel Vape and they told me the dimensions are approximately H89xD49xW28. Which (I think) is a great size for a single battery 2x700 squonker.

Will post a review when it comes in from the UK... still on pre-order; next batch starts going out this Friday!!

Reactions: lboyerbp

lboyerbp

May 6, 2017
So I pulled th trigger on the new Rebel DNA 75C 2x700. Ended up costing ~$270 (which is considerably cheaper than the $500+ boutiquey FaceBook group mods) with the optional Ally Black finish.

I contacted Rebel Vape and they told me the dimensions are approximately H89xD49xW28. Which (I think) is a great size for a single battery 2x700 squonker.

Will post a review when it comes in from the UK... still on pre-order; next batch starts going out this Friday!!
Fantastic mods. And ally black will hold up extremely well to use.

Reactions: Ivan6Two
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread