please tell me a Clearomizer that doesn't leak or burn up coils in 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
I have tried maybe a dozen clearomizers, including most Kanger models (except aerotank), and every friggin one I try, they either go through a new coil in 1 day or 2 (very expensive to keep buying coils) or else they are constantly having leak issues or both!

my PV is a sigelei V3 telescope, and I have not had one bit of trouble out of it in 2 years, so why are these dang clearomzers ridiculously fussy, leaky, unreliable and going through coils like crazy!

I know what I am doing, I vape at a reasonable 7.5 or 8 watts, although I do vape exclusively 100% VG, 2 years experience

PLEASE tell me a clearomizer that isn't leaky and and the coil doesn't start making the vape taste crappy after 1 or 2 days

thanks!

PS - I would pay even $100 for a clearomizer that works well (like are any made in Japan?)

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
No need to pay 100%. You can pick up the Kanger Aerotank MEGA for 29.99 and buy the Protank 3 coils ( the protank 3 coils are better in my opinion.

1- Great tank, great flavor, and great clouds
2- No leaking because of the new designed base
3- I only use 50/50 so I really can't comment on 100% VG and how that will work with the dual coils.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I have an aerotank mini, same principle as the mega and uses the same coils. I have had absolutely no leaks from it. I only use it while driving, so I don't put that much liquid through it but the coil seems to be holding up better than the kanger single coil style do. I only changed it out to compare with a PT3 head, the old one was still working fine. I think the mega style coil has slightly better flavor than the PT3 style.

CastleRat

Jun 4, 2014
Utica, MI, USA
I haven't had much luck with bottom coils - the same results you had.

The iclear 30 and 16 work better for me with a slight mod. I use a leather punch to round off the top cap where it touches the coils and drilled the air holes above the 510 threads for an easier draw. They will leak sometimes if I hold it upside down too long.

I just noticed the Vision NOVA VFATE 3.5ml Dual Top Coil with Tempered Glass has both single and double coils. It also come with single and dual coils. :2c:

Ramaview

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2014
Bedford Falls, Texas
Just got an aerotank. First tank-full worked great. Second tank gurgled and got juice in the chimney. I broke the tank down, cleaned it, checked the wicks, all looked go. Refilled tank, started vaping and the tank began gurgling. Using very slow draws. Anybody have a tried and true method to stop this?

funny how everyone really does have different experiences. I've used kangers almost exclusively. T3S, T3D, protank 3, mini protank 3. I did purchase the new enclosed style coils and have noticed some better flavor out of those. I also bought the aerotank bases for my protanks which i would recommend to anyone with a protank. I just bought a nautilus after trying one that's a pretty solid tank as well.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Just got an aerotank. First tank-full worked great. Second tank gurgled and got juice in the chimney. I broke the tank down, cleaned it, checked the wicks, all looked go. Refilled tank, started vaping and the tank began gurgling. Using very slow draws. Anybody have a tried and true method to stop this?

Open the draw up some if you can. If the draw is too tight it can pull too much juice onto the coil and it will flood and gurgle. That's where I'd start anyways.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
It's probably the juices you're using dude. Some juices, especially dark or really sweet juices will clog up a coil really fast.

But don't despair! As far as the Kanger coils go (the ones with the partially exposed wicks and the chimney that pulls off) no need to buy a new one every time your coil gets cruddy. Soak the coil in some hot water or vodka, rinse it off, take off the gasket, take off the chimney, remove the flavor wick if it has one (a free floating wick, leave the ones in the coils alone), dry off the coil, put it back on the base, stick on your battery, and fire and until all the crud burns off. Rinse again really thoroughly with hot water, and let dry. Put it back together and it's as good as new. You can even rewick the coils with organic cotton if you want to.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California

Check to make sure the chimney is pushed all the way in and the gasket is properly seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread