Status
Not open for further replies.

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
This is a review of the formerly elusive Mad Murdock Radiator Pluid, and the increasingly elusive Elevated Vapors Grenada. These two juices are interchangeable in my everyday rotation, and each is worthy of superlatives in their own right, while being completely different at the same time. This is a head-to-head comparison of the two best anise-based juices I have come across. This is going to be a love-fest, because I really dig both of them and vape both daily in separate tanks, and even mixed together.

-----------------
GRENADA
-----------------

I really wish I could hate on Grenada, because it is not as readily in supply as I would like, but I can't. Grenada is simply one of the best juices I have ever tasted.

Specifically, this is a review of 16 mg Grenada. I am killing yet another OCD tank of this juice through a 3.4 (?!) ohm Smok carto with the two little holes plus one hole punched by yours truly because it makes these cartos wick better than they normally do. 5.1 volts on the much loved by me/hated by a bunch of others Provari. I have also used this juice on an IGO-L with a cotton wick at 1.2 ohm on a Precise+ 18500 and 18350.

Grenada is simply remarkable every time. I'm going to gush a little bit here, but bear with me.

If you are a fan of anise, you are going to like this juice. If you are a fan of tropical fruit and also like anise, you are going to love this juice. If you hate anise, you will probably not vape this juice enough to get past the anise. Like many other anise/absinthe based juices, the more you run through them, the more you start to focus on the other layers of flavor that aren't anise. As has been said before many times, Pluid is obviously a very anise-forward juice, but once you start going through it in bulk, you start getting more of a citrus punch flavor. Similarly, Grenada has a massive anise punch up front, although significantly less than Pluid, which is a bash-you-over-the-head absinthe assault.

Grenada rushes the tropical fruit flavors like a boss. The general is the anise, leading the tropical fruits into battle and letting them do what they were trained to do on their own. vaping it now, the only anise I am getting is a numbness of the tongue. It's all island fruits to the dome. It's not flowery. It's just juicy and delicious. Refreshing and clean on inhale and with a tinge of anise on the exhale.

Throat hit is a bit peppery at 16 mg. I am burning through my remaining supply before re-ordering at 10 mg. It's still pleasant and manageable, but I think it will be perfect at the lower nicotine level.

Vapor is on par with a 50/50 juice per what I was told by the maker. I get richer vapor out of the RBA than I do out of the carto tank, but the vape is no less satisfying out of the carto. The flavor is so layered and well crafted that it doesn't matter to me that I am not changing the forecast with massive clouds out of my preferred delivery method and a 50% VG juice.

EV's customer service is top notch. I e-mailed them to find out when Grenada was going to be available again so that I could stock up and they hit me up within minutes telling me

Overall, Grenada is a top 3 go-to all-day vape for me. As someone who digs massive flavor, Grenada delivers like a dump truck. I love it. Period.

-----------------
PLUID
-----------------

Perhaps the most reviewed and coveted juice in history, Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid lives up to every bit of hype that has been heaped on its sturdy shoulders. Almost. Pluid is not the be-all-end-all anise juice. It is a remarkable substance, but it isn't going to make unicorns fly out of your vapor. You will not be a better person for having scored some. You are a guy or girl who has green stuff in your tank, and if you like anise, you are probably thrilled about that.

This is a review of Pluid at 10 mg at 5.0 volts on the Provari in an OCD tank and a 3.2 ohm Boge carto with the big single hole plus 2 hand punched tiny holes to make it wick better.

Pluid is the absinthe crusher. You cannot get around it. If you vape it every day for a couple of weeks, all of the other, and perhaps, more intrinsic flavor layers pf Pluid come out, and that is why people love it so much, I think. You can vape Copper Creek Licorice or Good Life Vapors Magic Fairy all day, and they are respectable products, but compared to Pluid, they are one dimensional. What separates Pluid from its competitors is the funk.

What is the funk? I'm not sure exactly. The first bottle of Liberty Flights-era Pluid that I got in a trade was steeped for around 6 months, and was mad funky. There was a grimey note that I fell in love with. I have since gone through 60 ml of that and another 100 ml of the vaping Watch product and they are slightly different. Pluid is a complex juice. While the funk may differ, one thing remains; Pluid is something that evolves over time in a good way. I love lime, and unlike Brick in "Anchorman", it's not just because I have a lime sitting in front of me.

After a couple of days with Pluid, the anise/absinthe flavor doesn't exactly go away, but it is muted by the citrusy lime punch that is actually at the heart of it. It's extraordinary. Pluid is not as complex as people generally give it credit for. It isn't going to make unicorns appear on your front lawn. It's not like Khlorine, which is truly indescribable other than to say it is amazingly tasty. Pluid is very describable and just works. At the end of the day, it's a delicious lime punch juice with anise. Your first tank is going to taste like somebody dropped a dumptruck of black jelly beans on you, but after a couple of days, it morphs into the best citrus / candy juice you have ever tasted.

Throat hit is mellow at 10 mg, but I am not a big massive peppery throat hit guy. It's fine. The 20 mg Pluid I tried was more reckless with the thoat hit, but not in a way I am fond of over the 10 mg version. Vapor is typical out of my carto tank setup.

Customer service from vaping Watch is impeccable. They have made a product that was basically unobtainable and turned it into something that is relatively obtainable, ships really fast, and has the quality that users are looking for from a premium juice. I am a big fan of Vaping Watch at this point and I am glad that they are handling Pluid.

Pluid is a superlative product. It's an all-day-vape for myself and anyone who isn't grossed out by licorice flavors. It is everything you want it to be and more.

-----------------
THE BOTTOM LINE
-----------------
Anise fans are going to love both Grenada and Pluid. I am equally happy with both, and with the increasing availability of Pluid and decreasing availability of Grenada, I stock up accordingly. If these were the last 2 juices on the planet, I would be totally cool, so long as they can keep up with demand. In my world, Grenada and Pluid are ADV every day.

Enjoy!

mooshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
SoCal
Very nice review! :D Thank you very much for such an in depth post.

I'd picked up a bottle of Pluid from Vaping Watch during their last big run. Huge fan. :) I started to read up on Grenada shortly after and am intrigued to pick up some to try. :D Do love the Pluid though, and it's been my ADV since the day it arrived on my door step.

Cheers!

Violy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2010
NC
Just got some Grenada thanks to this post :)

My boyfriend has been wanting to try pluid for a very long time. He has been vaping Magic Fairy, and while he likes is, he says it's kind of muted.

Hoping to get some pluid soon as well when they restock!

BTW: How much is a 120ml of Grenada? They are OOS so I can't see the price.

Coppercustomz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
NC Coast
www.numbejuice.com

My boyfriend has been wanting to try pluid for a very long time. He has been vaping Magic Fairy, and while he likes is, he says it's kind of muted.

120ml Grenada is $75 total...Free usps first class shipping, I think you can pay extra for priority mail BUT from my experience's First Class VS Priority from CA to NC shipping time is pretty much the same

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com

Awesome!

Yeah, compared to Grenada or Pluid, MF is definitely muted. It is good, but just not so over the top like the other two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
I picked up a bottle of Grenada at 3d vapors llc not bad $22 for 30 ml and ur right dump truck of black jelly beans not got to the citrus notes yet gonna let steep for a while longer

A week is plenty to steep Grenada in my experience. The batch I am on now is around 3 months deep in the bottle and it is maybe a bit deeper in flavor, but not much. I can vape it straight out of the mail. So good!

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Finally got to try pluid... It lived up to a years worth of hype and frustration. I love it... and I like it much better than grenada... don't get me wrong, grenada is a solid juice... it's just not for me... tropical + anise = cold medicine to me. that's how my bleeped up brain interprets it anyway... have you tried Vapetrik's addition?
I think it has a place in the discussion of superior anise/absinthe/licorice inspired juices... a solid juice... and very much on the sweeter side.

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
Finally got to try pluid... It lived up to a years worth of hype and frustration. I love it... and I like it much better than grenada... don't get me wrong, grenada is a solid juice... it's just not for me... tropical + anise = cold medicine to me. that's how my bleeped up brain interprets it anyway... have you tried Vapetrik's addition?
I think it has a place in the discussion of superior anise/absinthe/licorice inspired juices... a solid juice... and very much on the sweeter side.

First off, I love your reviews, man.

I love RiP's stuff across the board so when I saw your AWOL review, I went and bought some immediately. I have gone through 30ML.

I do like AWOL. It's just not a massive anise flavor like Pluid and Grenada. I get some anise from it, but the clove flavor is equally prominent to me. It is indeed sweet, although not too much so. I wish I hadn't killed the bottle already, as I could do a proper review of it here. It's awesome. I just don't think of it as a huge anise flavor like those aforementioned.

Needless to say, I like AWOL. I destroyed a bottle in rather short order. When I first tried it out of the mail, it was kind of muted to me, but after a couple of weeks, I went back to it and it was phenomenal. The thing that I dig about it most is the tartness that comes on the finish. It's quite unique as far as I have found. Damn! Now I need to order some more AWOL, which is one because I am also out of Khlorine, which is, as you know, the bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread