plume veil raises the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
so when the zenith v2 came out it looked like it had set some new standards for RDAs. for me, the delrin insulator was now a requirement as well as single and dual mode capability. the cyclops air holes were also a new favorite and i thought its what i would want in every rda. but after the plume veil came out...my air flow preference seems to have changed. its got the airflow for single and dual coil, but what makes this rda BETTER THAN THE ZENITH which i though might never happen, is the airflow from the bottom, top and sides! especially the bottom. i know some other RDAs have tried things like this but it didnt work out AND it didnt have the delrin insulator. i think this is a new standard for RDAs! it is for me at least

Feignix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Shhhhh! Hush! It hasn't seemed to catch on as "the thing to have" yet! When I get paid I plan on picking on up! If word get's out there's something great out there and different, it will be sold out well before then for sure! ;) Glad you like it! It looks promising, and I've heard other good things about it. Hopefully I can update sometimes next week or so!

jakart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
I just got mine today. Took me longer than I'm used to to get a nice build on it and figure it out, but now that I have it working well I'm very impressed.

All the different airflow options really make a difference. The top airflow is nice for fine tuning, the side airflow seems to really improve the flavor. Something is improving the flavor, it's dethroned my magma.

Build quality is very nice, and the deck is the easiest to work with of anything I've used. The screws in the posts have a very solid feel, too. They're not going to fall out by mistake when I'm opening up the post holes.

I like the logo too. This thing really works for me

manthe

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Winter Park, FL, USA
whats the big deal with the stillare? tried one a couple days ago and both the zenith and the plume veil blew it away

I picked up a Stillare v2i (the newest one - with all copper posts and pin + single coil capability - hasn't been cloned yet) and it is basically my go-to. I own a bunch of RDAs - including Zenith v2, Magma, Steamboat, CATs, Tobh, Origen v1 & 2, Quasar, Helios 1 & 2 - and many more - so I'm speaking from a solid frame of reference. With the right build (dual 22ga macro coils - center post build with org. cotton), it really does beat all the rest, IMO. something about the way the chamber is both reduced and the vapor is force concentrated back through the smaller bore chimney hole - it just makes it perfect for me - perfect temp, very bold, thick flavor and huge vapor production. It's the full package, IMO.

That said - I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on a Plume Veil! My local B&M will have them in very soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread