Status
Not open for further replies.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    I thought I'd start a thread on this so we can keep track of who is planning on submitting what in their PMTAs. (Unless there is another climb down from the FDA, always possible)

Some companies are being very vocal about it, others are keeping quiet, but from what I've been able to gather a lot of products are going to be submitted. The first ones are just off the top of my head I've seen in recent press releases etc.. so please add ones you know about (and link if possible).

Confirmed
    Vuse
    Blu
    Juul (yawn)
    Turning Point Brands (Brands including Solace)
    Charlie's Chalk Dust
    Cosmic Fog
    Njoy
    Black Note
    Purilum (Bantam eliquid & others)
    Smoore (Vaporesso)
    Smok
    Humble juice Co.
    Avail Vapor
    Savage Enterprises (Ripe Collection)
    Nude Nicotine
    Geekvape
    Suorin

Rumors
    Mad Vapes
    Aspire

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    So, millions of American vapers are going to end up back on cig - likes like back in 09? Been thinking about snus instead for myself. Will there ever be mods and tanks again?
    I think from reading the PMTA guidelines awhile back anything with a 510 connection is dead. Some of the proprietary pod systems might be able to get through though. with the 510 the combinations of gear for testing just get impossible. a proprietary pod has limited combinations and becomes much more doable. In fact I suspect this is why we have seen such an uptick in pod systems (refillable and not) hitting the market since 2016.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I think from reading the PMTA guidelines awhile back anything with a 510 connection is dead. Some of the proprietary pod systems might be able to get through though. with the 510 the combinations of gear for testing just get impossible. a proprietary pod has limited combinations and becomes much more doable. In fact I suspect this is why we have seen such an uptick in pod systems (refillable and not) hitting the market since 2016.
    Well, pods are good enough to get and keep people from cigarettes I think. That'd be great. Just hoping I can still get unflavored and flavor people can get something at least. Looking hopeful, ty.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I thought I'd start a thread on this so we can keep track of who is planning on submitting what in their PMTAs. (Unless there is another climb down from the FDA, always possible)

Some companies are being very vocal about it, others are keeping quiet, but from what I've been able to gather a lot of products are going to be submitted. The first ones are just off the top of my head I've seen in recent press releases etc.. so please add ones you know about (and link if possible).

Confirmed
    Vuse
    Blu
    Juul (yawn)
    Turning Point Brands (Brands including Solace)
    Charlie's Chalk Dust
    Cosmic Fog
    Njoy
    Black Note
    Purilum (Bantam Eliquid & others)
    Smoore (Vaporesso)
    Smok
    Humble Juice Co.
    Avail Vapor
    Savage Enterprises (Ripe Collection)
    Nude Nicotine

Rumors
    Mad Vapes

How many of these do You Think are serious Attempts at achieving a PMTA?

Verses trying to extend their Ability to sell past the FDA Dead Date as the Market exponentially contracts?

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    How many of these do You Think are serious Attempts at achieving a PMTA?

Verses trying to extend their Ability to sell past the FDA Dead Date as the Market exponentially contracts?
    That's a very good question, and to some extent it's all going to depend on the FDA's mood for compromise on things, but it's not necessarily a case of how much you spend right? I mean, Juul have spent over $150 million and are still going, but they probably have a lower chance than most given their history.

Lots of these companies have teamed up with heavyweight Scientific / Regulatory businesses who do this for a living, so while it's up in the air, I do believe a lot are serious. I know at least one big company is planning on doing 50 liquids, which they will then have available for white-labelling, which could be a very good thing for B&M stores.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    You can probably add Aspire to the rumor list... They had made a tweet a couple weeks ago asking people if they could vote for just one tank of theirs for a PMTA, which one would it be? That's a pretty strong indicator that they are going to move ahead with at least one.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That's a very good question, and to some extent it's all going to depend on the FDA's mood for compromise on things, but it's not necessarily a case of how much you spend right? I mean, Juul have spent over $150 million and are still going, but they probably have a lower chance than most given their history.

Lots of these companies have teamed up with heavyweight Scientific / Regulatory businesses who do this for a living, so while it's up in the air, I do believe a lot are serious. I know at least one big company is planning on doing 50 liquids, which they will then have available for white-labelling, which could be a very good thing for B&M stores.

Given that No One knows exactly what is Needed for a Successful PMTA, it is really All Uncharted territory.

My Guess is that a portion of PMTA applications (15 ~ 20% ?) will be Summarily Dismissed by the FDA due to the PMTA not being consider "Serious" enough. And just an Attempt to extend their ability to Sell while under review.

And a Significant Percentage will be Quickly Rejected because they Can Not comply as submitted. Some of these May receive an Extension but most probably won't. So these products will have to be Pulled.

This second Group is where the Crap Shoot comes in. Because if I spend 150K but can make say 300K in profits, that Isn't a Bad Business Model.

---

I just Question how Any stand-alone e-Liquid can receive a PMTA? Because so much seems to be Dependent on How the e-Liquid is going to be Used. And that Isn't Quantifiable.

The is Also the issue with "Adulteration". Something that I'm sure is Permanently Etched into the minds of those under Mitch Zeller in light of the entire "Vape Illness" saga.

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Vuse
    Blu
    Juul (yawn)
    Njoy

I am pretty sure are serious. They have the backing I would think and probably the expertise.

Smok I think is big enough to pull it off on something. Most likely a pod system.

The rest I just don't know enough about to judge one way or the other.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I know at least one big company is planning on doing 50 liquids, which they will then have available for white-labelling, which could be a very good thing for B&M stores.
    I thought the product labeling had to be defined/specified in the PMTA?

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Here's another one:
    Pyxus Announces Agreement with Smoore on PMTA Projects
    Pyxus identified Smoore as the clear ENDS supplier for PMTA submissions of Pyxus' affiliate brands, Bantam and Humble Juice Co."...The PMTA submissions are the next step in continuing to make our adult-use e-liquid products available for purchase and enjoyed by our consumers for years to come.

Under the new agreement, Bantam and Humble Juice Co. have paired certain Smoore ENDS devices—both an open tank device and a refillable cartridge-based device—with the brands' 84 e-liquid nicotine SKUs. The selected SKUs include many of Bantam and Humble's top-selling flavor profiles in various nicotine strengths and bottle sizes. These flavor profiles are manufactured by Purilum, LLC, a manufacturer of top-quality e-liquids, flavor concentrates and finished bottle products and a Pyxus joint venture.

Edit: New pr release though see the companies already listed by the OP

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    So according to Vaping 360 today the FDA has confirmed there has now been more than 30 submissions for FDA approval.

Of course, since the PMTA process applies to more than just the vaping industry, not all of those submissions will have been vaping related but it's a large enough number at least some of them will have been... so it's a positive sign anyway.

I was still thinking there was only 2 submissions (heat not burn and Vuse) earlier today, so I am happy to hear there have been more submissions, although we dont know exactly which ones.

It’s Official! PMTA Submission Deadline Will Move to Sept. 9th - Vaping360

Doffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    Australia
    this was an email from about 2 months ago, from Mother's Milk, who produce WTA

Dear Dan,

E-liquid Manufacture

Owner: Andrew Dyson

Phone Number: (408) 657-9262

This survey is for the purpose of submitting required documentation to the FDA when we submit our PMTA's in May of 2020. It is 12 questions and shouldn’t take more than a minute of your time.

Thank you in advance for participating.

Please Click link below

Mothers Milk WTA (MMWTA) Customer Survey

You have at some point been a MothersMilkWTA customer in the past. We are in the process of filing a PMTA (Pre-Market Tobacco Application)

We have never used our collected email list to advertise or for any other reason other than to communicate with you about your order. Please forgive us if you received this email in duplicate or have no interest in vaping products.

Our goal has always been to help folks get off and stay off the combustible cigarettes.

We really appreciate your time and participation by taking the survey.

Feel free to use the coupon code

“Survey20”

at www.MothersMilkWTA.com for 20% off.

Thank you

Andrew Dyson

(Owner)

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Well, pods are good enough to get and keep people from cigarettes I think. That'd be great. Just hoping I can still get unflavored and flavor people can get something at least. Looking hopeful, ty.
    If Humble Juice Co. stays in, they do have some decent flavors, but would probably have to lose the cute kitschy names they have for them and just label the flavor profiles. I vaped a few of theirs in the past and wasn't disappointed at all. The one thing I dont like is being stuck on one flavor. The ones I really like I can do for a month or two then I gotta have a change up. I'll probably go ahead and order another liter or 2 of nicotine while I can so I will be able to make the ones I like that probably won't be available later on. Just so I can still have variety.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Mother's Milk? To bad it's not Aroma. I didn't know they had repeat customers. Their WTA tastes (and has the effects of) dirt, although I kind of hope they get an approval so maybe other WTA will do so also.

I have not tasted their regular juices, to be fair to the company I guess but BLEUGH.
    Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread