Status
Not open for further replies.

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
VPLive has good info - however often is more of a political nature than review of products. They have 3 separate podcasts per week:
Sunday night is Kevbow - generally well done and informative information about the industry.
Tuesday is Russ - his broadcast is too politically charged for me, but others like it.
Wednesday is the Vape Team - great insight into products, reviews and information about vaping.

DrOckW

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Colorado
I would say if you haven't heard all of vaporcast start at the beginning and catch up.

There is not much else that I can find on Android, but all of the above have been listened to. I will check the Metrovapor show out today as well.

There are so many shows that don't record and I think that's really sad, including The Vape Team.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Vaporcast is spotty when it comes to the podcast, great show, but spotty getting new shows up.

And Vape Team doesn't seem to do the podcast anymore, its a shame too, I don't have the time t watch the show, live or replay, so I would listen to the podcast while I work out.

Rus has the best show out there.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
We'll have the audio for Vapelink available as an audio only podcast.

We haven't done the first show yet, so it's possible it may suck :)... but we're working on it. It will be available as a live video show- with replays available on youtube, audio podcast, and any other vaping networks that wish to stream or replay. Will be published under the creative commons attribution license.

First live show should be in September. There will be a non-live intro show posted to youtube in the next couple of weeks: Vapelink Show Index

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
We'll have the audio for Vapelink available as an audio only podcast.

We haven't done the first show yet, so it's possible it may suck :)... but we're working on it. It will be available as a live video show- with replays available on youtube, audio podcast, and any other vaping networks that wish to stream or replay. Will be published under the creative commons attribution license.

First live show should be in September. There will be a non-live intro show posted to youtube in the next couple of weeks: Vapelink Show Index

This is great news, sir. Thank you for sharing this with us; I look forward to your production.

DrOckW

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Colorado
While I certainly respect the Metrovapor podcast and the host's right to speak thier mind. I don't agree with them in the least.

I am a mod user, and in episode 3 the message is... No one should ever use anything but a stick battery with pre-filled cartos. I was bothered by the rhetoric and will not be listening to any more of thier shows.

I recommend any other podcast over this.

I am glad that I found this thread so that I could learn more about this podcast and it's views.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
am a mod user, and in episode 3 the message is... No one should ever use anything but a stick battery with pre-filled cartos. I was bothered by the rhetoric and will not be listening to any more of thier shows.

I recommend any other podcast over this.

I am glad that I found this thread so that I could learn more about this podcast and it's views.

Haven't heard episode 3 yet.

That's really disappointing...had high hopes for this podcast too.

Damn.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Seems I did hear episode 3, but didn't really listen to what was said. I replayed the episode and find that I generally agree with what was stated.

The host said that he feels e-liquids are for a niche market. He says the average consumer doesn't want to experience the hassle of filling their own cartridges; that pre-filled cartridges are more mainstream...closer to what the consumer already relates to in simply buying a pack of cigarettes.

He's right. One the the things we seldom discuss is the necessity...and sometimes difficulty...of dropping old habits associated with using cigarettes for new habits associated with vaping. For someone new to vaping, the added steps required to fill their own cartridges IS a bit much. But it's no more egregious a theory than those who say the Provari has too many "bells and whistles" for the average vaper.

Both theories conveniently ignore the fact that vapers sufficiently exposed to or educated about different aspects of vaping adapt themselves quite well.

But the average beginner would probably be more willing to drop into a convenience store and quickly purchase QUALITY pre-filled cartridges than to wait several days for an online order.

This podcast is apparently geared toward beginners or people who want to simply (not a lot of fuss) vape.

Last edited:

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Finished my second listen of episode 3 of Metrovapor and I can't help but walk way with the impression the host does the beginning vapor a serious disservice.

Everyone has personal preferences; this host obviously...I know this because he says this a ba-zillion times...prefers 2 piece "cigarette style" pvs over 3 piece. I have no problem with that. What disturbs me is the blanket condemnation of three piece systems, though he's admittedly never used any. While he continually vows to share information and truth in future broadcasts, he displays his ignorance by going on and on about something he knows absolutely nothing about. Personal opinion is one thing...passing personal opinion to others as gospel is offensive.

Guess I gotta agree with DrOckW. Pass on Metrovaper.

DrOckW

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Colorado
I'm glad you gave it another listen.

I myself was really enjoying it until I really paid attention and heard the host refer to users of eliquid by saying something to the effect of we look like junkies with bottles and caps and needles.

I myself prefer cartos in tanks, I don't use needles and I think this host has a bias that may (I emphasize May) be influenced by his admitted sponsors who most likely agree with the tone of the podcast.

To each thier own, I would just hate to see someone be thrown in to a podcast this "partisan" early in thier vaping career.

Cozzi... get your podcast out and give us some non-partisan vapatics.

Last edited:

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I'm glad you gave it another listen.

I myself was really enjoying it until I really paid attention and heard the host refer to users of eliquid by saying something to the effect of we look like junkies with bottles and caps and needles.

I myself prefer cartos in tanks, I don't use needles and I think this host has a bias that may (I emphasize May) be influenced by his admitted sponsors who most likely agree with the tone of the podcast.

To each thier own, I would just hate to see someone be thrown in to a podcast this "partisan" early in thier vaping career.

Cozzi... get your podcast out and give us some non-partisan vapatics.

Doing my best bro.

Show should be going weekly by the end of September. Also there will be an "internet only show" posted to youtube prior to the first live show. This is of course assuming palns do not change. Lots of work going on behind the scenes.

You can get updates at Vapelink Show Index since I'm posting updates from time to time.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Sorry, not hassling you. Think of me as your hype man.

WCV was my first meet I went to the November meet last year, I was in town on business so I'm excited to see your thoughts put in to a show I can watch comfortably from CO.

No hassle at all. If it came off that way in print I'm very sorry!!

I'm just very pleased you are interested in it. We're taking a risk by going outside of the "vaping network" world. On the plus side we have complete independence and are self-funded. On the negative side we'll have to promote mostly by word of mouth/social networking- without the additional "hype" from supporting vendors or networks.

I'm as interested to see how well it works as you are~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread