Poet & Scholar by River Bottom Fog Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Poet & Scholar (P&S) by River Bottom Fog Sauce (RBFS) available online at www.vapingwatch.com

The juice: As described on site, P&S is "extracted from premium, hand-rolled, honey flavored cigars made in the Dominican Republic with Cuban seed, Dominican long fillers, and Indonesian grown wrappers. All of the tobacco is aged for 2 years assuring you get a smooth, mellow vape."

The Hardware: Mechanical mod topped by an Ehpro Atomic with 1ohm micro coil of 28ga Kanthal, wicked with Koh Gen Do cotton.

Ratings are from 1-5 depending on where a juice falls in an attributes spectrum. Only the last rating, "overall", is based on 5 being the best. (For sweetness 1 equals very dry and 5 equals very sweet. For tobacco impact 1 equals very mild tobacco and 5 equals very aggressive and/or complex.)

Sweetness: 2.5. The second sweetest in the original RBFS line. The honey provides a nice sweetness that isn't cloying. The sweet has a bright quality too it. Well done, about perfect for a honey tobacco vape. The sweetness fades a little during a long session, but not much.

Tobacco Impact: 2. Mild and pleasant. A little spicy, has a cigar feel. Honestly, I'm not very good at describing cigar tobacco flavor, so I can't provide much detail. The tobacco is very good, but I would prefer it a little stronger.

Vapability: 4. A very pleasing and tasty vape. I prefer it for short to medium vaping sessions, though it is holding up well after a full day of vaping. It starts out with a shockingly good honey flavor that feels separate from the cigar and dominates it a little, but comes together as a cohesive honey cigar after a bit. Good for when in the mood for a flavored cigar or craving a superior honey vape.

Flavor Accuracy: 5. P&S is the first vape I've had that contains a honey that tastes and feels like real, pure honey to me. Honey tobacco often has an odd, funky, pissy, or a fermented tang to it. Here the honey is delicious and accurate. I doubt there's a honey cigar on the market that I'd like more.

Overall: 4.5. RBFS has quite a unique offering with Poet & Scholar. Those jaded by the myriad of horrible honey tobacco vapes offered should try this before totally giving up on that genre. It's the best honey I've vaped by a pretty large margin. In an interview, the maker said he tried several honey cigars extractions, and if this one didn't work out he was going to give up. Luckily, he hit the jackpot with this cigar. P&S isn't perfect, and it's not my favorite Fog Sauce, but it is an extremely impressive and enjoyable NET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread