Point of dry hits beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

believein

Apr 28, 2018
Hi guys, brand new member here.

I just got a Phoenix tank from Council of Vapor, and I wanted to ask how low I can take the juice line until I have to put liquid back in. Does it have to be replenished before it hits the intake holes for juice or can I wait until the juice runs out as long as the coil does not get dry.

I'm asking as I wanted to change flavor and not mix them, but didn't want to risk any dry hits on the new tank.

Sorry for the noobie question, I just started vaping today.

Thanks!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I usually keep my tank above the intake holes of the coil.

To change flavours - empty your tank into a spare empty bottle - reprime coil with new flavour, rinse out tank, dry then refill. Usually you just need a few vapes then to vape out the old flavour in the coil and start tasting the new.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi guys, brand new member here.

I just got a Phoenix tank from Council of Vapor, and I wanted to ask how low I can take the juice line until I have to put liquid back in. Does it have to be replenished before it hits the intake holes for juice or can I wait until the juice runs out as long as the coil does not get dry.

I'm asking as I wanted to change flavor and not mix them, but didn't want to risk any dry hits on the new tank.

Sorry for the noobie question, I just started vaping today.

Thanks!

It kinda depends on How High you run your Wattage. And how Thick your e-Liquid is. ie: If it is a Very High VG mix.

At Lower Wattages, there is enough e-Liquid in the Wick for One Hit even if you Vape with the Tank Upside-down. And the e-Liquid inlets are not covered with e-Liquids. Whereas with a High Wattage, your wick might Run Dry if the e-Liquid can't reach the Inlet as take your hit.

I try to Always to keep enough e-Liquid in a Tank/RTA to be able to cover the e-Liquid Inlet Holes. But there are times when I might be Out n' About where I will almost run an Tank/RTA dry. At those times, I tend to take Shorter Hits. And maybe Lower the Wattage a tad.

You'll get a Better Feel for how a Tank/RTA as you use it more. Just takes a little Time.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You will begin to get a sense of when you are really running low in your tank. The vape will usually change a bit before a dry hit. With that said, you can also consider your flavor profiles. For example, if you switch from one fruit flavor to another, that remaining amount of flavor in the coil and at the bottom of the tank, well switching can actually be quite pleasant.

If you are going say, from a tobacco flavor to cotton candy, at that point, yes, you may want to remove the remaining liquid before refilling and even (possibly) vape some unflavored first to remove any traces of the first flavor.

If I'm changing flavors, I usually try to run similar flavors in certain tanks, so switching is easy and pleasant. However, I have enough setups going to be able to do that.

An alternate possibility (you don't have to) is to dedicate a coil to a flavor bottle, remove it once you've vaped your tank dry, and then place it in a ziplock bag attached to the flavor, so you can resume using it once you are ready to do so. Some folks will soak their coil in a little everclear or vodka to "revive" it and clean it prior to reusing it. It's another option that can work well. Etc.

Best of luck

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread