Polished Stainless Steel Russian 91% - Is it a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I received my polished SS Russian 91% from vapordna today. The box was NOT sealed which is very suspicious to me. I emailed vapordna for an explanation, and I'm waiting on a response.
For those of you who also purchased this, was your box sealed?

I also noticed an inconsistency in vapordna's shipping address. VaporDNA is located in California and the return airbill on the package has their California address, but USPS's site shows my package shipped from Austin, TX. What's up with that?

rustafar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Weeki Wachee, FL.
They probably opened it up to check to see if it was in good shape before they shipped it to you. I've had items dropped shipped from different locations
I think VaporDNA is a company that Rip Tripper get some of his supplies from.
Is it real... don't know the answer to that,But here's a line from their website. ---->We are authorized Russian 91% distributor and we guarantee all of our Russian 91% atomizers are authentic and original from the manufacture Kebo Tech. Here is the facebook link to the manufacture: https://www.facebook.com/kebotech
Hope that helps a little,
Russ

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
There's a fix for that... Seen it on here somewhere. I took my center pin out and tightened mine all down... Was wobbly when I got it... Solid now.

If the center pin comes loose, the base insulator may not be seated properly. It caused me intermittent shorts. This insulator is on the inside of the base. It's #16 in the diagram.

9i5icg.png

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Thanks for posting this! I don't have both, but bought a polished on the presumption that it was "legit," coming from Kebo in a special edition. Kebo Facebook page indicated that they made it, that DNA sells it, that it's an MOQ of 500 - but there's still always the chance that they'd polish a bad batch, or that it's from a different factory or something.

Bottom line - mine's here, and surprisingly (I SUCK at coiling), I got it all working as it should.
The INSIDE screw that holds the block - the screw-behind-the-screw you get to if you remove the 510 pin - that was loose.
And my chimney o-ring was a bit mangled, but it works.
And I wanted to tighten up the airflow a bit - and that works too!

channel2_zpsdb8cf51c.jpg

r91-1_zps1c006934.jpg

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Thanks for posting this! I don't have both, but bought a polished on the presumption that it was "legit," coming from Kebo in a special edition. Kebo Facebook page indicated that they made it, that DNA sells it, that it's an MOQ of 500 - but there's still always the chance that they'd polish a bad batch, or that it's from a different factory or something.

Bottom line - mine's here, and surprisingly (I SUCK at coiling), I got it all working as it should.
The INSIDE screw that holds the block - the screw-behind-the-screw you get to if you remove the 510 pin - that was loose.
And my chimney o-ring was a bit mangled, but it works.
And I wanted to tighten up the airflow a bit - and that works too!

If you just tighten the screw at the bottom, it's not enough to secure the positive screw block. You may also have issues with the center screw coming loose when the RBA is attached or removed from an APV causing intermittent shorts.
To secure the positive block remove the small center screw, #19. Hold the positive screw block to the negative screw block with a pair of needle nose pliers so it doesn't move, then tighten the center screw, #18.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread