Poll: PG E-Smokers Who Take Adderall

Since starting e-smoking, have you noticed any changes in Adderall Effectiveness?

• Adderall is much more effective

• Adderall is somewhat more effective

• No difference

• Adderall is somewhat less effective

• Adderall is much less effective

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waxabi

Mar 7, 2009
Those who take Adderall regularly, I'd like to know if switching to e-cigarettes has had any affect on Adderall effectiviness.

Are you aware of that there is reasearch/testimonials concerning the effectiveness of nicotine patches for ADHD. Maybe this has to do with a change in the way or the quantity you are getting nicotine. :confused:

jennydotz

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
West Virginia, USA
I would guess that too. Adderall and Ritalin-type drugs are stimulants, so is nicotine. So it stands to reason that they were probably working together and now the nic dosage is different. Sorry I cant vote, though, don't take it.

Now that I think of it, though, the PG (in non and low nic form even) made me feel foggy-headed, VG does not. Don't know if that helps or applies. Maybe its PG-related, not nic.

Last edited:

The Analog Kid

Mar 23, 2009
reading, pa
It is quite ironic that I just came across this thread. I have been taking adderall regularly for the past year, I am 22 years old. However, over the past month and a half I stopped taking it everyday because I had a huge panic attack.

I just took a 30mg dose, regular tablet (not ER), my first dose since the attack and it is just starting to kick in. I have just finished a vaping session and I must say, it feels much, much smoother than I can ever remember. I am not irritable at all, and feel extremely calm. I'm about to study for a finance test, so we'll see how that goes...

I have been taking adderall for several months and vaping for aprox. the same amount of time. Due to slow reorders i went back to regular cigs for a couple of weeks.(still on adderall) I felt worse on regular cigs and adderall than ecigs and adderall. However I believe its because in general I feel worse smoking regular cigs. Nicotine is a stimulant but in regular cigs I get all the nasty junk too, kinda weighs down the stimulants in both the nicoting and the adderall.
This may not apply to anyone taking adderall for add. I take adderall for a sleep disorder to help me stay awake during the daytime. If it helps with drug interaction questions, my neurologist didnt seem to have a problem with the nicotine as much as he said that the lack of smoking should help with some sleep disorders like sleep apnea. Nicotine is not good for anyone but of the two, with or without adderall, vaping seems to be the lessor of two evils. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread