Not open for further replies.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Who's it for ?
My paranoia kicked in as soon as i saw options C & D.
Multiple choice questions with limited answers are designed to skew the results in favour of someone's agenda.
I still did it though in the hope that it will be used for a legitimate and honest poll

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
WOOoNMR.gif

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
It is simply for the purpose of getting a feel for why people vape. The conversation got started on another forum site who's initials are VU (can't be linked from this site).

There is a long time member there from China who brought up how differently vaping is being viewed and treated there. This poll is also up there and on Reddit encouraging people to pass it around to get the largest and therefore most accurate sample possible.

As I said. It is anonymous. If you think facts can be used against you, YOU are the problem. It would take 2 minutes of research to be convinced without a doubt what my motivations are.

Participate or don't. Up to you. :)

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It is simply for the purpose of getting a feel for why people vape. The conversation got started on another forum site who's initials are VU (can't be linked from this site).

There is a long time member there from China who brought up how differently vaping is being viewed and treated there. This poll is also up there and on Reddit encouraging people to pass it around to get the largest and therefore most accurate sample possible.

As I said. It is anonymous. If you think facts can be used against you, YOU are the problem. It would take 2 minutes of research to be convinced without a doubt what my motivations are.

Participate or don't. Up to you. :)

I think the point is the number of never smokers would go up if anti-vapers (etc) got wind of the poll and decided to screw results by voting in it... lots of unscrupulous people that don't care what the truth is, they just care what they can pass off as true.

That's rather why I would worry about sharing to Facebook myself, unless in a vaping group..

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I think the point is the number of never smokers would go up if anti-vapers (etc) got wind of the poll and decided to screw results by voting in it... lots of unscrupulous people that don't care what the truth is, they just care what they can pass off as true.

That's rather why I would worry about sharing to Facebook myself, unless in a vaping group..
Would you rather have them get the numbers? I have no problem with the number of never smokers going up as long as it's the truth. Vaping is no worse than a half dozen other perfectly legal things people do and far better than some of them. I believe that framing it strictly as a smoking cessation method was a strategic mistake from the start, but I don't have time at the moment to get into why.

More options would have been better. Only having 4 (and the way they are worded) means that a lot of people will go for the nearest option even if not entirely accurate. Or ignore the poll.
The data would then not be truly representative. ;) Just sayin.
That very thing came up in the exchange at the other forum. In fact I was the one who brought it up. There can always be another Poll, but this one will draw the broad lines relevant to a couple important discussions right now.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Opinionated

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
One last thing for now. I FIRMLY believe that this very site is representative of vast multitudes who started vaping to quit smoking and now vape just because they like it. For the hobby as much in many cases as for the vape itself. There is NOTHING wrong with that, but I have to wonder how many are afraid to say so in public.

This ought not be.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Would you rather have them get the numbers?

Of course not..

have no problem with the number of never smokers going up as long as it's the truth

Same here..

my only point is we are relying on the people answering telling the truth.. always a risk.

• Agree
Reactions: gsmit1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread