Status
Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
You lucky ^#*£%#. I still a bit of a wait for my BD.

well lucky?? hmm, have paid the piper and gotten a few, "not so nice" products, and was really lucky to get an Authentic Big D. before you couldn't. Yeah, those who hesitate to click on "proceed to check out" often find "sorry, no such item in stock" click on notify me when available. :lol:

Being a night worker does have some advantages.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
:D:lol: Yeah, there isn't much out there that can preform better than the flashi, truly a great dripper tank. Only thing I have that challenges it is the Estia and the Big D. will both give it a run for the vapor. or something like that. Yeah, a major disappointment. I fill it by unscrewing the bottom end and do a bottom fill, screw and fill hole are totally not needed and impractical.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Was hoping this would be better than my Flash E Vapor, mostly because of the 3 posts with holes. But no, so far, just not that great. Annoying to fill, loose fitting top cap, and leakage :/

Back to the FEV for me

The Pontus is one of the easiest tanks to fill I have ever used, and that includes the Taifun GT. How are you filling it?

If you are leaking juice, try the other glass window it came with. That fixes the issue for most.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
:D:lol: Yeah, there isn't much out there that can preform better than the flashi, truly a great dripper tank. Only thing I have that challenges it is the Estia and the Big D. will both give it a run for the vapor. or something like that. Yeah, a major disappointment. I fill it by unscrewing the bottom end and do a bottom fill, screw and fill hole are totally not needed and impractical.

I almost picked up a Flashi, but it looked like a complete pain to build. I will probably pick up a Big D clone though just to see the hype. So far, the Pontus is easily the best RBA I have used. If the Big D is really that much better, I will be surprised (but in vape heaven at the same time).

justdoeit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Canada
Filled both ways, 1 by removing screw & other by removing tank. Screw method sucks because you can't just use a juice bottle, tank method sucks because it's threaded AND o-ringed.

My leaking is from the air holes, can't trust it in pocket.

Adding feeder wicks on the FEV is really easy, so building is easy. Filling it is still the easiest of all Attys. I could fill it with a bucket if I had to

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Filled both ways, 1 by removing screw & other by removing tank. Screw method sucks because you can't just use a juice bottle, tank method sucks because it's threaded AND o-ringed.

My leaking is from the air holes, can't trust it in pocket.

Adding feeder wicks on the FEV is really easy, so building is easy. Filling it is still the easiest of all Attys. I could fill it with a bucket if I had to

I get leaking from the air holes if I don't use enough wick (i.e. cover the area below the coil). The o-rings break in if you keep filling the tank directly so it's really not bad.

I am extremely happy with my Pontus.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I almost picked up a Flashi, but it looked like a complete pain to build. I will probably pick up a Big D clone though just to see the hype. So far, the Pontus is easily the best RBA I have used. If the Big D is really that much better, I will be surprised (but in vape heaven at the same time).

The flashi is easy to build, getting the tank transfer wicks just right for low sub ohm vaping can be a bit tricky, but very doable. Hey maybe I just have a craq qc Pontus, but yeah, for me, the Big D is just a MUCH better tanked rda than the pontus, much.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
The flashi is easy to build, getting the tank transfer wicks just right for low sub ohm vaping can be a bit tricky, but very doable. Hey maybe I just have a craq qc Pontus, but yeah, for me, the Big D is just a MUCH better tanked rda than the pontus, much.

If you keep going on about that Big Dripper, you're going to owe me $40 for the clone you're making me buy just so I can compare them (or maybe $120 if the real thing is that much better than the clone).

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
If you keep going on about that Big Dripper, you're going to owe me $40 for the clone you're making me buy just so I can compare them (or maybe $120 if the real thing is that much better than the clone).

:lol: well, tell ya what, if you don't like the Big D. clone, and is to hard to fill for you, I'll trade you straight across for my Pontus, I'll even put the ohm build you want in it, wick it with Ramie and include 50 ml of dice's House Select Juice, custom blended to your personal preferred VG/PG ratio, and nic mg level. Have 9 flavor to choose from, such as Mad Eye's Pumpkin Juice, Captain Blacks Cinful delight, to English Blackberry Tobacco. :D

Should be receiving my cloned Big D. this week, so will be able to let ya know how it compares with the Authentic. You can't beat that kind of customer service anywhere:lol: And I'm not even selling anything:D

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I know not everyone is a fan of Rip Trippers, but i like his videos and this made me laugh at how true every negative statement he made was.

The Pontus 1.5 By EHPRO - YouTube

Anyone want to buy a lightly used Pontus? :D

I normally like Rip Tripper and I'm definitely not the most experience RBA builder, but he's obviously doing it wrong. Flavor, vapor, and hit are all better than anything else I own (see sig) and it's in a completely different league than the tanks I have. I do have V1, but I have a hard time believing there is that much of a difference between it and V1.5. I would definitely buy another one.

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I know not everyone is a fan of Rip Trippers, but i like his videos and this made me laugh at how true every negative statement he made was.

The Pontus 1.5 By EHPRO - YouTube

Anyone want to buy a lightly used Pontus? :D

God i swear sometimes he has no idea what he's talking about *bangs head against wall* I must have gotten one of the lucky, well made, non-leaky, non-gurgling, better flavor and throat hit than the Big Dripper models lol. (Had a chance to go hands on with the Big Dripper (authentic) and it's built beautifully but designed poorly.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
:lol: well, tell ya what, if you don't like the Big D. clone, and is to hard to fill for you, I'll trade you straight across for my Pontus, I'll even put the ohm build you want in it, wick it with Ramie and include 50 ml of dice's House Select Juice, custom blended to your personal preferred VG/PG ratio, and nic mg level. Have 9 flavor to choose from, such as Mad Eye's Pumpkin Juice, Captain Blacks Cinful delight, to English Blackberry Tobacco. :D

Should be receiving my cloned Big D. this week, so will be able to let ya know how it compares with the Authentic. You can't beat that kind of customer service anywhere:lol: And I'm not even selling anything:D

Have you received the clone yet?

I'm betting I will love the Big D performance, but I don't think it will be quite as convenient as the Pontus (no glass, filling looks a little more difficult but still not too bad). That juice sounds awesome though.

How is Ramie with drippers? I've read it wicks like crazy but doesn't hold juice well (i.e. perfect for tanks, not the greatest for drippers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread