Poor vaper looking to get a foot in the door!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoaButter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
Heya. Im a family man and I have my little ones and my wife and quite frankly.. smoking is going to kill me. I recently switched to e-cigs.. I tried Blu disposable, nJoy disposable, Mystic Disposable.. and Krave 2 piece disposable.

I discoverd that, hey, this may be worth a shot, if i try hard enough, it may make me stop smoking.. So i went out and got a NicMaxx (the maxx flavor) rechargeable e-cig. That thing made so much vapor it was amazing, and, it made me stop using regular smokes.. I loved it! But i knew those carts were going to run out.. So i bought me some unflavord 50vg/50pg, got some lorann oils, and some VG(99.5 vg 0.5 water) so ive been mixing it with a calculator, 16-18ml nicotine. But.. its not vaping very well in my carts..(i think the battery and carts and too weak) and the carts are expensive!

SO!! time for poormanme to go digging again right? i found out about clear tanks.. and theres the kind with an atomizer inside, the rebuildable kind, and the kind with a cart inside.. so im figuring a cart type would last good no? But then i also need a battery.. and a charger.. ...so i figure "okay, time to google some crap" ....HOLY CRAP THE PRICE!

So, what im asking here, is if it is possible to make a tank style setup with low part buying maintenance for about.. 30?
Any help with this, [edited] are welcome. Also, you guys seem like a great community. You have my appricieation for making a place like this!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Heya. Im a family man and I have my little ones and my wife and quite frankly.. smoking is going to kill me. I recently switched to e-cigs.. I tried Blu disposable, nJoy disposable, Mystic Disposable.. and Krave 2 piece disposable.

I discoverd that, hey, this may be worth a shot, if i try hard enough, it may make me stop smoking.. So i went out and got a NicMaxx (the maxx flavor) rechargeable e-cig. That thing made so much vapor it was amazing, and, it made me stop using regular smokes.. I loved it! But i knew those carts were going to run out.. So i bought me some unflavord 50vg/50pg, got some lorann oils, and some VG(99.5 vg 0.5 water) so ive been mixing it with a calculator, 16-18ml nicotine. But.. its not vaping very well in my carts..(i think the battery and carts and too weak) and the carts are expensive!

SO!! time for poormanme to go digging again right? i found out about clear tanks.. and theres the kind with an atomizer inside, the rebuildable kind, and the kind with a cart inside.. so im figuring a cart type would last good no? But then i also need a battery.. and a charger.. ...so i figure "okay, time to google some crap" ....HOLY CRAP THE PRICE!

So, what im asking here, is if it is possible to make a tank style setup with low part buying maintenance for about.. 30?
Any help with this, [edited] are welcome. Also, you guys seem like a great community. You have my appricieation for making a place like this!!

Hey there CocoaButter,
Welcome to the family,
Not sure the cartomizers handle the higer VG content to well. :?:
Depends on where you look, the better half and I have been greatly pleased with ease of use and cost with the kits we have.
We do not share well....:facepalm: She has hers, I have mine, all is happy at the house.:laugh:
something like this:
Kanger eVod Kit - Stainless
Should be less $ than the "disposable" cartridges, and a heck of a lot easier to use, you already have the juice.:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Cocoa and welcome to ECF! I have bad news and good news for you. ;)

The bad news--you have to make an initial investment in some decent hardware if you want to succeed. If you keep buying cheap stuff, you'll be miserable and you'll end up spending a small fortune. And you'll never be satisfied. My recommendation is to get a nice kit with at least two batteries and some good toppers. I like the one from MyVaporStore:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

I know it's more than you want to spend, but it's a very solid kit and it's customizable and comes with variable voltage batteries. Get two Spinners or a Spinner and a Twist, a T3 and an eVod. Also get some extra atomizer coils--they are sold separately. And get some good eliquid. You can find very good eliquid at reasonable price at Mount Baker (get small samples, read reviews before you order):

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=jeQy1SrqKW93RSkvqqtoFQ&bvm=bv.51773540,d.aWM

The good news--once you've invested in good gear, you'll start saving money--trust me.

Good luck!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Kanger Evod Starter Kit $29.69 | gotsmok.com looks fantastic!! but, i need a dang on credit card to get it. they dont take paypal :(

Prepaid credit cards can be bought at most gas stations, grocery stores, even pharmacies and are a great way to shop online safely.

You should be able to pre-load the price of the device on it and order with no issues. Just don't forget to add the shipping.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Thats funny, i just bought e cigs with paypal the other week o.0

Either you got lucky or you ordered from a vendor that is not US based. If paypal see that you are violating their TOS, they have the right to freeze your account while they investigate.

Several forum members have had this happen, even a few forum vendors too.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread