Portable passthrough, is this even a feasible idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StopKing

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
USA
Would it be possible to have a pass-through connected to a portable rechargeable battery?
i know the battery would have to be at least 1000 mAh but not much else.

It would be incredibly convenient for me to have the light weight aspect of a pass-through not attached to a computer. I was thinking the battery would probably be a little larger than a cigarette pack and i could put it in a pocket.

if this is in the wrong place please move it; i'm assuming this is the place to put silly inexperienced questions.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I think Kensington has a portable usb charger that people have used. I tried a Duracell one a couple years ago, but it wasn't the right voltage or something. It would charge my battery via usb, but I couldn't vape with it.

I think some people disconnected the charging portion on the pack and were able to use it. I'm not that clever lol

Playa_hamm420

Moved On
Jun 15, 2011
michigan
Would it be possible to have a pass-through connected to a portable rechargeable battery?
i know the battery would have to be at least 1000 mAh but not much else.

At that point you have a PV... What would be the advantage to that VS using a higher mah battery mod??

If you dont wanna be connected to a computer.. Then a PV would be the most logical option minus the need to create one from a usb cable..

*confused*

I was going to check this weekend about something similar.
I see Bloog has the trifecta 3-n-1 and I was also wondering about using a usb car adapter with a standard mini batt for when the wife travels.
I see most sites like V4L; Bloog & Volt all sell the usb car adapter and the wife uses the mini e-cig, something like that might be good for her.
Anyone try one?

Last edited:

SubSplat

Jan 25, 2012
Oregon
Yeah, it's possible. Just need the right battery and adapters.

Way back when I tried vaping for the first time (3-4 years ago), I got myself a USB passthrough and a portable battery. The battery came with a little leather pouch with a belt clip. The battery itself had a switch that you could use to set the output voltage. Needed a special connector with a female USB though.

But I went back to analogs back then. And I've moved since then. No idea what the battery was called or where that kit went... I might have thrown it away. Silly me, that was a nice setup. Portable VV passthrough on a massive battery. Sigh.

frazam

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
Manila
I've been planning to do the same with my PT (without battery). I also have a cartopipe when out and about, but I love the consistent vape a USB PT gives, without any drop-off. I am looking at the new Mili Power Shine (4000mah) but it's a tad expensive at around $77. Now I suddenly have a couple of questions... but I won't hijack your thread and will just start a new one :)

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX

StopKing

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
USA
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, i'm definitely getting a clear idea of how i'm going to get what i want.

At that point you have a PV... What would be the advantage to that VS using a higher mah battery mod??

If you dont wanna be connected to a computer.. Then a PV would be the most logical option minus the need to create one from a usb cable..

*confused*

i can see why that would be confusing. I want something that i can comfortably hold in my mouth/teeth like a cigarette without having to re-charge all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread