Portland behind the times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
So, hubby and I are in the Portland (Oregon) area for a few days. Of course, we need to check the vaping culture...sadly, I'm not too impressed just yet. LOTS of smokers, have yet to see another person vaping. What's going on here?!

That being said, it appears that B&Ms are hard to find, too...have only found ONE that looks like it's worth visiting.

Any locals out there?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Okay, so we checked out 2 shops - Escape Vapor Lounge on 82nd in Portland, and Bubba's in Vancouver. Both were good shops - Escape had more high-end mods and juice (5 Pawns, Pink Spot, Flavorz by Joe, etc). They were knowledge about RBAs, too. Their inventory was low, though - out of the 4 juices I liked, they only had 2 in the strength I wanted (18mg). Bubba's was more about basic setups, but they had the mini protank 2 v2, so I finally snagged one! They had a good variety of juices, too. Super friendly staff at both spots.

So that's our vaping adventure for Portland area. Sad that the shopping options are limited - hopefully that will change soon!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Go across 205 bridge to Vancouver and check out Bubbas vape shop- 516 SE chkalov Dr. 98683 They have a great vape bar.

I used to live in Vancouver, WA. There's a vape shop THERE? In the town that used to roll up at around 5pm every evening???

Wow! I'm seriously impressed.

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I'm a "Portland" Vaper. During the day when I'm at work , you'll see me on my breaks vaping in the parking lot on NE 7th and Davis :D

Otherwise I live in Beaverton and have seen more vapers there than in Portland proper. In either case that means not too many. I am an island in my little pond. Actually there are probably more vapers than it looks, because most Portlanders are very private beings. Unless they're totally wacked out or counter-culture, you won't see too much "off the wall" behavior.

"Normal" people don't vape here, at least in public. ;) I'm bucking the trend.

Oh, and the AG/Lawsuit thing is a bit more involved than a simple ban. Companies who want to sell ecig stuff here have to sign a waiver saying that they won't make health claims about them. That's about it. But at the time the injunction was ruled, there were only 2 brands out there--Greensmoke and NJoy.

NJoy signed the paperwork, but Greensmoke elected not to. There was never a ban, per se.

Last edited:

D0lfin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2011
Vancouver WA
I used to live in Vancouver, WA. There's a vape shop THERE? In the town that used to roll up at around 5pm every evening???

Wow! I'm seriously impressed.

Zoe, how long ago were you here? It's growing fast - there's no empty space between the 'Couve and Camas anymore, and very little going north before you hit Ridgefield or Battle Ground. BG even has it's own exit now off of I-5. Bubba's just opened last spring or summer and also has a shop in BG of all places which surprised me! Not sure when Escape opened, but within the last year I think. There's also one down in Eugene area that just opened recently.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Zoe, how long ago were you here? It's growing fast - there's no empty space between the 'Couve and Camas anymore, and very little going north before you hit Ridgefield or Battle Ground. BG even has it's own exit now off of I-5. Bubba's just opened last spring or summer and also has a shop in BG of all places which surprised me! Not sure when Escape opened, but within the last year I think. There's also one down in Eugene area that just opened recently.

Oh, it's been quite a long time now. I lived there back in '85.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread