Positive press account

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
If you were ordered not to use it, and you refused to stop, the likely charge would be trespass after warning. Resist a law officer and the charge steps up in seriousness.

In Dr. Murray Laugesen's helpful reply to the Australians facing a ban, he wrote:

One suggestion I have is, just for now, forget trying to use the nicotine inhaler indoors, as this issue will win little sympathy, as it diverts attention from the main freedom you will wish to preserve right now - to buy nicotine on the internet from outside Victoria, for smoking in the privacy of your own car, home, and garden.

Ask first. Be courteous. Abide by a property owner's request. Forget "rights" you don't have.

GabbyD

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Southern U.S.
That's a good one. Thanks for sharing the link!

What you have to keep in mind in using these indoors is if you're in a family environment. The antis will still be on our asses because we're doing something that looks like smoking, and maybe it's even extra cool, and what's to stop a kid from becoming a new nicotine addict? Can you imagine being introduced to this when you were 15? And they come in pink with blue lights and you can puff wild cherry! I'm keeping my use on the sly.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The show is syndicated, which means TV stations broadcast it in hours not occupied by prime time networks. In my area, it comes on at 4 in the afternoon. That's prime time for people sitting in doctor's offices, etc. Lots of housewives watch TV between about 1 and 5. These syndicated offerings are not subjected to ratings, except those an individual station makes and keeps private.

P.S. Some syndicated shows are seen by millions. "The Doctors" might compete, depending on the market, with Oprah or Dr. Phil (a death sentence to up against either).

Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
As it is syndicated, maybe that means none of the channels' web-sites will have it up. might get put up on hulu.com or viddler.com but I don't see any previous shows of "The Doctors" listed on there. anyone else know of any?

If that show mentions any brand names which I think it will, it will make someone very very rich (if they have the stock). If Big Pharm have disregarded these so far, they won't after this airs.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I caught the end of yesterday's show. A laser treatment had been given a woman as a stop smoking measure, on the show. At the end of the show, the lasered woman said she didn't have any craving for a cigarette (hey, wait a week, lady, and you'll be kicking doors down!).

The doctor who gave the laser treatment said the only way to quit is to get all nicotine out of your life. Don't even associate with smoking friends, she said. Demon nicotine must be exorcised, forever.

That didn't sound promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread