Possible cure for burning taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

let_there_be_vaping

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
Hey :)

I may have stumbled across a cure for the foul burning taste.

For the longest time I thought I was either doing something right unknowingly or just lucky in that I had not ever experienced the foul taste that many, many people are complaining about.

Well, just recently I did experience it and it was just totally gut wrenching... couldn't make it go away... until that is I used one of the juices that I had cut with glycerin.

I had always been buying the larger mg juice to cut it, but I decided to just try some at the level of nic I like and that is when the foul taste started.

When I cut the new juice with glycerin the taste went away! Yeah, lost some nic percentage there, but it was well worth it to get rid of that burnt nastiness.

So, anyway, cutting your juices with glycerin just might be the ticket for getting rid of that nasty taste... it was for me!

let_there_be_vaping

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
Not the problem. You can get nasty hits from VG fluid just as readily as PG fluid.

I used both a new atty and one that had been broke in. Both tasted burnt with the uncut juice, but with the glycerin added it was smooth once again, and on both attys too.

Really sorry to see that peeps using VG and PG are having the problem. Anyway, I was hoping that it might help others since it solved the problem for me.

let_there_be_vaping

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
Sounds like your nasty burnt taste was from the flavoring.

Ry4... tastes marvelous! Just a few drops of glycerin solved the burnt taste.

But, like I said I hadn't had this burnt taste problem for the nearly two months of vaping and this was the first time.

Like others had reported the first puff or two was fine and then BAM that horrid, horrid burning taste. Really weird.

Corki2

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2009
USA, TampaBay, FL
Whenever I get that burnt taste, it turns out to be a minute polyester thread that has stuck to the atty. So small that you can't see it sometimes. Whenever I get the burnt taste, I take a brushpick (a plastic toothpick with a brush on one end) and gently guide the brush end across and alongside the atomizer. It may take two or three passes before I end up with that tiny thread on the end of the brush and the burning taste is gone.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
Whenever I get that burnt taste, it turns out to be a minute polyester thread that has stuck to the atty. So small that you can't see it sometimes. Whenever I get the burnt taste, I take a brushpick (a plastic toothpick with a brush on one end) and gently guide the brush end across and alongside the atomizer. It may take two or three passes before I end up with that tiny thread on the end of the brush and the burning taste is gone.

Darn, I was just at my parents house and could have stole some of their brushpicks! Great idea about finding the threads, thanks!! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread