Possible Fix for Stuck/Dead Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
So, in the past week I've had a couple penstyle (RN4072) batteries give up the ghost. One was under performing, the 'milkshake-through-a-straw syndrome'. Another would just flat out not work, then work, etc. And just yesterday, another battery quit on me.

Well, I decided that if they're dead, why not mess with them. As two of the batteries were not that old, I began thinking it might have something to do with the switch. Well, as they are pressure sensitive, and the biggest killer of these things seems to be the switch sticking (for various reasons, such as dripping/juice in the switch), I thought, "knock that sucker loose".

I picked up one of the batteries, and tapped it four or five times on my desk on the end that connects to the atomizer. Not too hard, mind you, enough to jolt the innards. And guess what?

Two of the three batteries are working fantastic now. One was apparently just a dud altogether (the on/off/on one), but the 'milkshake' battery is performing like new, as is the other battery (I forget what my issue was with it besides not getting any vapor).

Just an FYI, hope this works for some of you.

Programmer

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Cuando, were your 'duds' charging fine though? i.e. it would charge fine but the pressure switch simply wouldn't activate?

Reason I ask is I've got one that will not charge at all, nor will it function in the cig. I just tried your fix, and no go. I guess I wasn't expecting it to since the pressure switch doesn't seem to be the problem.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Cuando, were your 'duds' charging fine though? i.e. it would charge fine but the pressure switch simply wouldn't activate?

Reason I ask is I've got one that will not charge at all, nor will it function in the cig. I just tried your fix, and no go. I guess I wasn't expecting it to since the pressure switch doesn't seem to be the problem.

Take that one out behind the shed and shoot it.

It's done.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

Programmer--every one of the RN4072/DSE801 batteries that has failed on me that will not work after rapping on it or sucking in on the battery which also loosens up the switch--I have taken apart and found the battery is fully charged upon testing --the issue is as stated--the e-liquid gets in the housing of the pressure switch and freezes it or throws the wheel connector out of line--That is why a manual passthough with the hole plugged is key--I learned a long time ago that dripping was asking for problems as well as to much topping off--Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread