Possible stupid question: Can I haz charge base please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Basically, why do all the e-cig products I've seen have wall/usb adaptor plug-ins but no charge bases? You get a better vape with more power right? Like a cordless phone has a base/cradle to charge it when it's not being used why not for vape battys? I'm sure I'm missing something that's why I thought I'd let you informed people tell me why this isn't a product yet.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Good question Jay-dub! Doubt it has anything to do with power. My first thought is that to have a charge base you need a plug at the bottom or back of the device and most smaller e cigs don't have that. The clearo/carto/atty heeds to be removable anyway so why not use that connection for charging through. Cheaper and it works fine.

Some of the bigger PVs do have ports built in, but no charging bases that I've ever seen. Again it would cost more. And for what gain? This isn't a phone which is nice to have standing up and visible while on charge.

That's it for me. Someone else will probably have better ideas ;)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    1a.jpg
    1b.jpg
    1c.jpg

Jay-dub

Moved On
    Oct 10, 2013
    Kansas City, MO
    A couple more questions for any of you technologically savvy enough to help.

Why a coil instead of a spiral (like the heating element on an electric stove)? I figure the spiral shape would have more surface area. If it was recessed into a "wet stone" there would be no need for a wick or fear of burning it. The ignite button could also be a mechanical pump button to flush just enough liquid (a drop or two each push) into the recessed channels of the wet stone containing the spiral element. This would be for BCC tanks but seems like wet stone would be a lot easer to maintain. And, if you did your own coils at home you'd have a recessed spiral template that you just simply trace with the coil. Craziness?

BTW...
    These are supposed to be hitting the market sometime this month.

http://modpowerkit.com/
    Looks like the design was borrowed from a jet ski made in 1980. Different...

Last edited:

grayscale

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2013
    DFW

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Why a coil instead of a spiral (like the heating element on an electric stove)? I figure the spiral shape would have more surface area. If it was recessed into a "wet stone" there would be no need for a wick or fear of burning it. The ignite button could also be a mechanical pump button to flush just enough liquid (a drop or two each push) into the recessed channels of the wet stone containing the spiral element. This would be for BCC tanks but seems like wet stone would be a lot easer to maintain. And, if you did your own coils at home you'd have a recessed spiral template that you just simply trace with the coil. Craziness?

It's been done at least once that I know of. Have a look here, post #2085. There's a lot of pretty innovative work being done by the people in that thread :thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread