Status
Not open for further replies.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
So 10 months ago I started vaping to quit smoking. I went down the usual, very expensive, trial and error road. I had no idea that ECF even existed, I was trying to do everything on my own. I did eventually find ECF, but was turned off right away by the Provari elitists. There were a LOT of posts back then bad mouthing everything but the Provari (or so it seemed from my research). I had no desire to be ridiculed for my cigalike, so I just ignored every search result that pointed at ECF. Along the way I signed up for a couple other forums, but they just weren't my style. Lots of cursing, I don't mind some cursing to make a point, but when EVERY other word starts with an F, it just is too much. Finally one of the threads on another forum talked about being banned from ECF for language (or something like that, I don't remember exactly), so I thought I would at least take a look at a more professional sounding forum.

So I finally signed up for an account, tried the spam to 5 post count, not realizing that the thread would be deleted. Went from 5 to 0 and got mad. ALMOST gave up again right there, decided to read the rules and browse the forums a little first though.

Then came the epiphany on me ignoring ECF ... WOW, was that a MISTAKE! There is a TON of useful info here, and nowhere near the number of Provarinazi that I thought! I was active for a bit, then I had some issues with work and life that kept me from doing much of anything other than living through the day to day struggles. Then it happened, I got back on ECF and realized I had some knowledge that could help the new vapers avoid the same pitfalls I had struggled with.

Over the last few months the forums have come to be a normal part of my daily routine (sometimes maybe a bit too much). If you had asked me 10 months ago where I would be today, it would not have included ECF in the answer, yet here I am with my 1000th post. Hopefully I have been able to give back to the community at least half of what I have gotten out of it. I am really looking forward to the next 1000 posts, what a journey this has been and will continue to be!

Thank you all for EVERYTHING!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Wow, nine months for me but our stories are pretty close. Every search came up with ECF almost at the top every time. Couldn't understand a word anybody was saying, lol, so avoided the results for months. I am pretty sure, now that I think about it, that it was a post by Baditude when I was really stumped on something that I began to see the value of ECF. Thank you again Bad. :wub: Too funny about the 5-0 posts. So glad you stuck with it.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Yep. I appreciate the <BEEP>ing professionalism of all the <BEEPity, BEEPBEEP, BEEP>ers on here and like all of <BEEP> help I got pulling my head out of my <BEEP> and quitting the <BEEPING> stinky analogs.

I don't have a Provari but I still like this smiley -
35ba3qd.gif

Thanks devauto

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
SO very glad you came back and gave ECF another chance. There really is an amazing amount of info here. That info is here BECAUSE so many want to give back and help others avoid the pitfalls they suffered. You fit right in!

Congrats on 1000 posts and so very glad to have you with us.

Thank you Myrany, I'm glad I came back too. There is a TON of good info here, and a LOT of great people. I really just hope that I can give back to the community what I have gotten from it. Thanks for making me feel welcome along the way.

Dang that's a lot of posts. I rarely post I mostly just read....

And there is nothing wrong with that ... :)

Wow, nine months for me but our stories are pretty close. Every search came up with ECF almost at the top every time. Couldn't understand a word anybody was saying, lol, so avoided the results for months. I am pretty sure, now that I think about it, that it was a post by Baditude when I was really stumped on something that I began to see the value of ECF. Thank you again Bad. :wub: Too funny about the 5-0 posts. So glad you stuck with it.

Yeah, I was pretty mad when I went from 5-0 ... silly moderators! Seriously though, once I understood the reasoning behind it, I was okay with it. Sometimes I am still a bit frustrated when things disappear, LOTS of good info has disappeared because a thread was removed. I don't know that it is always warranted, but then I am not a moderator (yet?).

Baditude absolutely ROCKS, I hope someday to be able to provide as much help as he does. I'm really glad I stuck with it too.

Yep. I appreciate the <BEEP>ing professionalism of all the <BEEPity, BEEPBEEP, BEEP>ers on here and like all of <BEEP> help I got pulling my head out of my <BEEP> and quitting the <BEEPING> stinky analogs.

I don't have a Provari but I still like this smiley -
35ba3qd.gif

Thanks devauto

LOL ... Now that is really funny, and greatly appreciated! Oh, and you're welcome!

Yea!! Welcome back. I love this forum. There are so many great members. Some are funny, Some are full of the knowledge. And some just want to chat. I love it.

I love the forum too. It is fantastic! I recommend it to everyone!

Thanks all for making ECF what it is!

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
devauto,

Your post is one of da more refreshing and encouraging ones I've read lately!
thumbsup.gif

I'm not sure what makes it so refreshing and encouraging, but thanks :)

And I never knew I already post 400 times here lol. I have to admit that at first I kinda afraid everyone couldn't understand what I post because my English is not so good. :lol:

Don't be afraid to post, people will figure out what you mean, and if it isn't clear they will ask. :D I was surprised when I realized I was close to 1000 posts, that was when I realized I was so hooked on ECF! :lol:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Yeah I think everyone either 1) gets mad at ECF and marches off or 2) gets mad at ECF and causes trouble and gets banned or 3) gets mad at ECF but eventually finds the equilibrium and discovers what a wealth of information is at the fingertips if you'll just respect the rules. It took me a little while myself but now I've learned to just go with the flow and I'm rewarded on a daily basis. Just yesterday I ordered a protank mini for five bucks because of a post that was made here. I also made my first two batches of DIY, and if you suggested I'd be doing that three months ago I'd call you crazy.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Yeah I think everyone either 1) gets mad at ECF and marches off or 2) gets mad at ECF and causes trouble and gets banned or 3) gets mad at ECF but eventually finds the equilibrium and discovers what a wealth of information is at the fingertips if you'll just respect the rules. It took me a little while myself but now I've learned to just go with the flow and I'm rewarded on a daily basis. Just yesterday I ordered a protank mini for five bucks because of a post that was made here. I also made my first two batches of DIY, and if you suggested I'd be doing that three months ago I'd call you crazy.

Yeah, I am starting to think that number 3 applies to those that stay on here. It truly is a great place for knowledge. There is no comparison anywhere else I have seen on the web. It is also nice that there are few "flame wars" like on other boards. That makes it easy to actually find the info you are looking for.

I guess I need to live on ECF to find deals like the $5 Protank 2 Mini! I never saw that one ... but it sure would have come in handy since I dropped my PT 2 ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread