Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackChad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Back In Mesa
I'm new to the rba scene and something that's helping me a lot is seeing what your wick and coil setups look like. Anything that's working for you, show us a picture! I think it will help other new people to see it doesn't always have to be beautiful to work great.

Possibly share with us a little information as well. Wire type, wicking material and size, methods, any band-aids, etc.

What do you think guys and gals?

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Good thread idea :)

Here is my zap with the setup that came installed. It's been working really well for around 3 weeks since I got it. Only minimal adjustments every once in a while.

DSC_0947_zpsc3ad18cd.jpg

Here is my did clone.. 400 mesh rolled, um, tight enough to fit in the hole. I didn't really "oxidize" it, I just flamed it a bit before rolling and then a little after. I wrapped the coil around the wick while the wick was in the hole. I got this to work for a day or two and then it started tasting burnt... couldn't get the hotspots out of it and got disgusted and put it aside for a few days. I picked it up this morning, turned down the voltage to 3.5 (cleaned out the tank with a syringe and water) and started pulsing. After the water burned off and with more pulsing, the coils started slowly one by one glowing till they were all glowing evenly. Right now it's working and working well. I'm playing with the voltage and noticing that wicking gets better the higher I go. I still have to tilt but not as much. I can't remember which gauge wire I have on it.. either 32 or 28g.

DSC_0949_zps694bc0d6.jpg

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
_MG_0014.jpg _MG_0025.jpg _MG_0043.jpg
DID Clone 28agw @.9 ohm coil wrapped with cigg paper method (hence all the crap at the bottom of the wick)

--------------

_MG_0016.jpg
AGA-T+ 28awg @~.6 ohm, silica wick (3 x 3mm under coil, look on youtube 'Silica Wick on a Zenesis ASH' or what i'm calling the tribble method)

they ain't pretty, but, both work perfectly.

Last edited:

45root

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
montgomery, AL
man i love the look of that ribbon wire, it just looks sweet!
ya its ok. I am not impressed. I need to get one of those ohm checker devices. As its wrapped in the pic, I would guess its at 1.2 but I removed one of those wraps shortly after filling. been using it with just the 3 wraps for the last few days. I dont see any noticable difference between ribbon and regular kanthal.

Here's a very familiar shot. showing my coil that just popped. hahaha

34z0dg9.jpg

:laugh:

what is that holding it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread