Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Well one of my threads got deleted (apparently for violating forum rules) so I cannot link it.

I have mixed feelings about this. I understand we don't want more negative attention drawn to e-cigs, but some of it I think borders on paranoia. I was simply asking about experiences adding various herbal extracts to e-liquids. Valerian for example.

I don't think we should feel embarrased about our early posts, its all about learning, and e-cigs, being electronic devices have a rather steep learning curve. Ohm's Law? Watts? Wick and wire? mAh? RBA's? Analogs? DIY? Mods? APV's? Tanks? Clearomizers? 808/510/Ego? Etc. Etc.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Here is mine, from four years ago...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...newbie-what-do-you-guys-think.html#post370730

Over time I moved up from the 510 to a Chuck.
Then I moved up from 3.7 volt batteries to 4.8 volt NiMH batteries in the Chuck.
Then I moved to variable voltage with the Ego Twist.

But I am still striving to get back to that cigarette form factor.
That is why I have recently been buying some White Cloud Mini Flings to have around.
:)

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Here is mine, from four years ago...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...newbie-what-do-you-guys-think.html#post370730

Over time I moved up from the 510 to a Chuck.
Then I moved up from 3.7 volt batteries to 4.8 volt NiMH batteries in the Chuck.
Then I moved to variable voltage with the Ego Twist.

But I am still striving to get back to that cigarette form factor.
That is why I have recently been buying some White Cloud Mini Flings to have around.
:)

TY for the share DC2. I did enjoy reading that. It was like a bit of history. I an only 7 month in and I have seen it change in my short time. It is nice to see our background.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The newbs have no idea how good they have it these days.
We had to walk uphill in 100 degree heat while it was snowing just to get a good vape back then.
:D

Hi DeadCat :laugh:

Oh, but I do appreciate all the stuff you all went through. If it weren't for you guys keeping at it, we most surely wouldn't have the stuff we have today. So, Thank You!

Musta changed your name somewhere along the way. ;)

Edit to add my very first post :laugh:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-extreme-newbie-just-now-very-first-vape.html

Last edited:

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I've only made two threads, and I guess my second one is somewhat embarrassing.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-mods/279210-another-simple-ce2-syringe-tank.html

Oh, how equipment has changed in only the last year or so... The things that we have done to improve our vaping experience... I started with cartridge mods like the straw/blue foam/pyramid teabags/pipe screens, got tired of those, went to cartos, disliked the filler taste, tried a cartotank, hated it, found CE2s (which were pretty new), liked them, and decided I wanted a tank for those.

A bunch of Vivi Novas, a few RBAs, and some eVods later, things seem a lot simpler these days, though I still choose to complicate them by modifying them. :facepalm:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I don't have any threads that I believe are embarrassing, but I do have a "first vape" newbee story that I'll post here...

When I started vaping, I bought a 901t kit online and had no clue how to use it and it didn't come with instructions. Like the eGo-T and eGo-C, the 901t used small (.9ml) tanks to hold the liquid and it was fed into the atomizer through a spike on the atty and a hole in the cap of the tank. Two of the tanks that came with the kit (that were installed) were "display only" tanks and didn't have the cap, but I didn't understand the purpose of the cap on the other tanks in the kit. I was completely clueless.

So, I filled the (display only) tank that came installed on the atty after charging the batteries and proceeded to give this new technology a try. The first draw on the device worked fine, as did the second, but on the next draw the purpose of the cap became very clear. The contents of the tank completely emptied into my mouth on the third draw, and it was tobacco flavor (yuck)! I had to brush my teeth for 10 minutes and gargle with Listerine several times to get that taste out of my mouth.

I'm glad I didn't let that first experience sour me on the whole concept of vaping. :laugh:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I don't have any threads that I believe are embarrassing, but I do have a "first vape" newbee story that I'll post here...

When I started vaping, I bought a 901t kit online and had no clue how to use it and it didn't come with instructions. Like the eGo-T and eGo-C, the 901t used small (.9ml) tanks to hold the liquid and it was fed into the atomizer through a spike on the atty and a hole in the cap of the tank. Two of the tanks that came with the kit (that were installed) were "display only" tanks and didn't have the cap, but I didn't understand the purpose of the cap on the other tanks in the kit. I was completely clueless.

So, I filled the (display only) tank that came installed on the atty after charging the batteries and proceeded to give this new technology a try. The first draw on the device worked fine, as did the second, but on the next draw the purpose of the cap became very clear. The contents of the tank completely emptied into my mouth on the third draw, and it was tobacco flavor (yuck)! I had to brush my teeth for 10 minutes and gargle with Listerine several times to get that taste out of my mouth.

I'm glad I didn't let that first experience sour me on the whole concept of vaping. :laugh:

I think I remember that thread. Lol!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011