Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
This old fart had to look whip up in the urban dictionary.
When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the "whip". The whip is what you used to control the horses on a stagecoach, hence the analogy. Many years later, various hip hop artists noticed that the Mercedes-Benz logo resembled a steering wheel. They then proceeded to use the old term "whip" to describe any Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The term has now been generalized to classify any expensive automobile.
A fast, expensive car, such as an Aston Martin. Sometimes used to describe vehicles of a lesser extent in areas of lower standards. (i.e., ghettos)
A whip has simply come to represent a car. It has been said that it was used a long time ago when a whip would be used to steer the horse-drawn carriages. It is used in hip-hop fashion, and it has come represent any car not neccesarily a really nice car.
Could be a FUN car. So, here's my whip ...
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

It's a smart. In forty years of driving, the most fun car I've owned.

I've had quite a lot of cars over the past forty years, including a 1966 Olds Toronado which was a lot of fun more than three decades ago.
66Toronado2.jpg

But, I only paid $2,500 for it in 1976 (ten years old) ... the CV joints needed replacing at a cost of $1600, that killed it for me. What a boat that was. But, it had a lot of features that were really innovative for its year of manufacture, and I appreciated that. Almost as cool as a smart (when gasoline was 35¢ a gallon).

smart's parent company is Daimler, who also owns Mercedes-Benz.

Last edited:

SirPluto

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Here is my ol' 2005 Pontiac GTO that i just traded in a couple of months ago. It was a great car and we had an absolute blast together. She just wasn't very practical on a daily basis. She could get up and go though. 400hp!
316anol.jpg

zxtsh2.jpg

Here is what I'm rocking now! 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I love this car sooo much! Its extremely well thought out and is the ultimate "colorado" vehicle. Sorry for the poor pic quality, havent had a chance to get out and take some nice shots.

fuoz0o.jpg

Edit: I almost forgot about this one. 1970 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Hearse! This car was an absolute riot to drive! The looks you got driving it around were priceless. The hearse does amazing in the snow too! I still think it handles snow better than my FJ.

2dsfh2p.jpg

And yes, that is me standing on the roof!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread