Potential deaths averted in USA by replacing cigarettes with e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
"Findings Compared with the Status Quo, replacement of cigarette by e-cigarette use over a 10-year period yields 6.6 million fewer premature deaths with 86.7 million fewer life years lost in the Optimistic Scenario. Under the Pessimistic Scenario, 1.6 million premature deaths are averted with 20.8 million fewer life years lost. The largest gains are among younger cohorts, with a 0.5 gain in average life expectancy projected for the age 15 years cohort in 2016.

Conclusions The tobacco control community has been divided regarding the role of e-cigarettes in tobacco control. Our projections show that a strategy of replacing cigarette smoking with vaping would yield substantial life year gains, even under pessimistic assumptions regarding cessation, initiation and relative harm."

Potential deaths averted in USA by replacing cigarettes with e-cigarettes

And yet they keep legislating bans and restrictions of vape products. Oregon just outlawed all online sales.
- How many more deaths will it take for them to stop!

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
And yet they keep legislating bans and restrictions of vape products. Oregon just outlawed all online sales.
- How many more deaths will it take for them to stop!
Oh, not too many ... Just as soon as the competition is destroyed, Mr. Bloomberg's Hale Pharmaceuticals & other BP players will release their FDA-approved-for-smoking-cessation vape products for us all to enjoy.
What's a few million cancer & emphysema cases compared with the huge social benefit of a few gazillionaires collecting more gazillions, after all?

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
Oh, not too many ... Just as soon as the competition is destroyed, Mr. Bloomberg's Hale Pharmaceuticals & other BP players will release their FDA-approved-for-smoking-cessation vape products for us all to enjoy.
What's a few million cancer & emphysema cases compared with the huge social benefit of a few gazillionaires collecting more gazillions, after all?
So on the one hand I wonder why legal action instead of useless petitions isn't being used - But then, when you think about it, marijuana advocates claimed truthfully that marijuana was less dangerous than alcohol - And yet to this day cannabis is still not legal under federal law and only partially legal in the states. What it comes down is that there is no law or regulation that requires government to give precedence to a safer product {vapes} over a much more dangerous product {cigarettes}.
So why should the FDA have any say whatsoever?
You see why the FDA is sometimes nicknamed
the Food and Death Administration !!!

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
So why should the FDA have any say whatsoever?
It shouldn't. Congress gave them the authority anyway. Unless stopped or redirected, government will always grow and will always come to abuse it's authority.
What it comes down is that there is no law or regulation that requires government to give precedence to a safer product {vapes} over a much more dangerous product {cigarettes}.
Government gives precedence to what government considers is in its own best interests.
That always comes down to money 1st & retention of power 2nd.
The war on vaping is a battle over who gets the money, nothing else.

Reactions: Vapeon4Life

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
That always comes down to money 1st & retention of power 2nd.
The war on vaping is a battle over who gets the money, nothing else.
Brings us back to Michael Bloomberg who thought he could buy the Presidency and failed - There must be a way to force the politicians who are receiving Bloomberg's money to admit it - How many of those politicians in Oregon who just outlawed online sales were bought and paid for by Bloomberg?
Bloomberg is a Worldwide menace and him and his group are probably at least partially responsible for India's outlawing of all vapes. But he has been expossed in the Philippines - And they are fighting back.
- I don't know the current status of the battle over there. But this is interesting:

Bloomberg Funding to Philippines FDA May Have Violated US Laws
Last October, two members of the House of Representatives forced the Philippines FDA to admit that it had received a grant from the Union and Bloomberg Initiative. Now international public health policy experts are pointing out that this action may have violated both Philippine and United States laws.
See it here:
Bloomberg Funding to Philippines FDA May Have Violated US Laws - Vaping Post

I search endlessly for the smoking gun that will end Bloomberg's selfish and evil agendas.

I recently found this and may start a separate post on it:

Michael Bloomberg Isn’t a Smug Technocratic Centrist. He’s Something Far Worse
"....... but Bloomberg is an emissary of something far more sinister than smarmy, professional-managerial class centrism. Bloomberg is a genuine admirer of dictators, violent foreign interventions, mass surveillance, and sprawling police states. His ascent to the presidency would represent the apotheosis of a certain sophisticated, immovable global elite that disdains, above all, popular dissent........"

See whole article here:
Michael Bloomberg Isn’t a Smug Technocratic Centrist. He’s Something Far Worse

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
I search endlessly for the smoking gun that will end Bloomberg's selfish and evil agendas.
Many years back, parking meters were declared in federal court to be unconstitutional.
There are still parking meters in cities all over.
Philadelphia has a thing it calls the city wage tax. If you live in the city, you pay it regardless of where you work. If you work in the city, you pay it regardless of where you live. If you live & work in the city, you pay more. Many years back, it was declared in federal court to be unconstitutional. Nothing was changed.

Money trumps. i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Bloomberg or any other gazillionaire to be taken down.

• Informative
Reactions: Vapeon4Life

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Bloomberg or any other gazillionaire to be taken down.
Probably you are right - but Bloomberg may be overextended - I doubt he even knows how many causes his so called philanthropies are actually involved in and what they are up to.
Though an uphill battle we must keep shining the light on the 'real' Michael Bloomberg - Prove that his philanthropies are not really all that philanthropic.
- If we can shine enough light on him maybe, just maybe he can be stopped.

• Winner
Reactions: MLEJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread