pour the ejuice back into bottle after clearomizer tastes burned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my first fruit flavor pineapple. Wow it's amazing how it tasted like the real thing. Though I noticed I obviously vaped incorrectly and did too much and now it tastes burned. I have a clearomizer and I just topped it off before the burnt taste. Can I pour the liquid back into the bottle or will the burnt taste carry into the bottle too? :oops:

Yes I searched the forum countless times before posting.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Burnt sugar taste or dry hit taste?

Burnt sugar probably transfers to the rest of the juice. Dry hit taste probably not.

What kind of clearo is it? Bottom, top or dual coils?

Cleaning the clearo thoroughly (using your preferred method) and a dry burn might take care of the caramelized sugar, but you may need to repeat the procedure a couple of times to get completely rid of it. Silica wicks don't burn at the temps we vape at, but the stuff we vape does and it's possible that there's no way to get rid of it.

If you want to save the juice before cleaning, put it in another empty bottle. If you don't have another empty bottle, go ghetto and use one of those little plastic dosing cups that come with liquid medicines. A rubber band and a little plastic wrap seals it for future use.

IBCR,

I cannot tell if it it was a burnt sugar taste or burnt dry hit taste. I don't have enough experience to figure that out yet. I just know that it was so god awful that I feel it may have gave me a headache from trying to normalize it. I am embarrassed and I have to admit..... I burned a total of 4 this weekend like this. I am a previous tobacco smoker and vaping is much more fluid and different. A few times I vaped hard inhales and I know it did that. Though the clearos got warm they were never hot.

The cleaning method I used was the preferred method of flushing out with hot water and then slightly boiling water and using a tray dipping the parts in the water numerous times and then air drying. One of the clearos I did a dry hit and no taste and vape but after filling the ejuice again it was extremely bad burn taste. I barely did a dry burn.

I do not know what type of coil system it is. It is called a Kanger kr808d-1. Here is the link to the information:
Kr808d-1 E-Cig | Kr808d-1 E-Cigarette & Kr808d-1 Cartomizer Supplies | Kr808d-1 E Cigarette from LiteCigUSA

I am using a G6 batteries.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I just got my first fruit flavor pineapple. Wow it's amazing how it tasted like the real thing. Though I noticed I obviously vaped incorrectly and did too much and now it tastes burned. I have a clearomizer and I just topped it off before the burnt taste. Can I pour the liquid back into the bottle or will the burnt taste carry into the bottle too? :oops:

Don't be embarressed! It never hurts to ask:)
    Burnt sugar probably transfers to the rest of the juice. Dry hit taste probably not.

If you want to save the juice before cleaning, put it in another empty bottle. If you don't have another empty bottle, go ghetto and use one of those little plastic dosing cups that come with liquid medicines. A rubber band and a little plastic wrap seals it for future use.
    I would do this if you desperately want to keep the juice.
    Sounds like you need to just learn to take those long slow draws :)

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2013
    Caldicote tunnel
    I can not give advice since I don't own this model. But here is the forum link for this model of e-cig. KR808D-1
    Also looked around Utube on how to but found no other info than
    1. wash it like you have already done!
    2. replace.
    3. Try differ style of atomizer (CE2 bu kanger).
    Good luck.
    I though about dry burning may remove the burnt taste but doing so may destroy your battery.

As far as saving you juice, use syringe, blunt needle syringe, with small clean empty med bottle. But I think the taste is in there.

Regards.

Last edited:

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 21, 2013
    North Texas

Really good question. I've wondered about this myself. JD

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    The cleaning method I used was the preferred method of flushing out with hot water and then slightly boiling water and using a tray dipping the parts in the water numerous times and then air drying. One of the clearos I did a dry hit and no taste and vape but after filling the ejuice again it was extremely bad burn taste. I barely did a dry burn.

I do not know what type of coil system it is. It is called a Kanger kr808d-1. Here is the link to the information:
    Kr808d-1 E-Cig | Kr808d-1 E-Cigarette & Kr808d-1 Cartomizer Supplies | Kr808d-1 E Cigarette from LiteCigUSA

I am using a G6 batteries.

I'm not familiar with that setup, but I started out with top coil clearos, too. It sounds like (to me) that any further effort to rid the device of the burnt flavor won't be worth the cost of a new one. I'd toss it and pick up a few more.

Better yet, I'd see if I couldn't pull it apart and get a good look at the coil and wick in the head.

The tilt and twirl technique for keeping the coils saturated is your best defense against it happening again, and the lower the level of liquid in the tank, the more difficult that defense becomes.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    the 808 you linked too is a cartomizer based system.
    Do you have cartomizers or clearomizers?
    ClearomizersCartomizers-300x277.jpg
    clearo on left, carto on the right.

Cartomizers, once burnt, should be tossed.
    I

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread