Power Chart - Volts, Ohms, Watts & Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greykin

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Arizona, USA
Hello veterans. This isn't so much an "Ask the Vets" as it is a request for feedback from the vets on this chart I made. I've seen a couple other people here in various ECF forums make excel based vape power charts, but I hadn't seen one that shows all 4 aspects on a single sheet. While I was trying to figure out LR & variable voltage, I kept wanting to find a visual guide to how it all correlates. I never found one so I built one. It was not my aim to pinpoint only the commonly used voltages and/or resistances...rather I wanted to see everything in 0.1 increments so as to gain an overall reference.

All the numbers in the attached spreadsheet are solid by way of Ohms/Watts law equations...but I'd imagine that the color coded thresholds might need a little tweaking. My aim is to keep the thresholds somewhat conservative because I'd like this tool to be of assistance to those who are trying to learn as I was. The more knowledgeable vets can always play with the conditional formatting on the cells to change the thresholds to what they know and like if they're using this is a ready reference type thing.

Anyhow, any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Grey

Attachments

• Vaping Pwr Guide.xlsx
    95.2 KB · Views: 609

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Not sure what kind of feedback you'd really like. As someone who vapes between 9-12 Watts, the coloring of the ranges is completely useless to me, but since I know DC theory, I don't need a chart.

Everyone has to find the Wattage that works best for themselves so I seldom link charts in any of my responses as I would not want someone to think that going "outside" the green range is somehow bad.

Your chart is more inclusive than the others I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread