powered usb hub for a charging station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
With my wife and I vaping we have many more usb devices to charge now.
2 or 3 cell phones, a couple of egos, and now i just picked up a mod that uses 18650 batteries and a charger for that plus the kids games and MP3 players and a couple of tablets too!

Do you all think a powered usb hub, not connected to a computer and with a 2 amp or better wall wart will work for a charging station?

I have a corner countertop in the kitchen that serves as the "spot" where the cell phones and other items seem to land to be charged/plugged in and am using a 2 port usb charger plugged into the the outlet nearby that seems to serve as the charging station for the whole household.
At any given time there is a cellphone, kids game, an ego, MP3 player, something sitting there charging.

A 5 port hub would allow a bunch of stuff to be there charging and keep all those pesky cords in one spot.

Seems like a better plan than half a dozen wall warts hogging up outlets all over the place.

Anybody tried this?

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You really want a powered USB hub that's separate from your computer. Sometimes something can go wrong with a charger and take out your motherboard.

How much do you want to spend? Fifteen or twenty bucks for a powered USB hub or hundreds of dollars to replace your motherboard?

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread