The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

Powertube?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Dustbuster, Sep 23, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dustbuster

Dustbuster Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Ottawa
    Just picked up a powertube VV, which I'm assuming is a lavatube knock off. SmokeFX, my local (ottawa) shop had it on clearance as its an older model. The kit included 2 batteries, a charger, a vivi nova and of course the tube. It's not a very esthetically pleasing device, just a flat black metal tube about the size of a roll of quarters with + and - buttons to adjust voltage, a power button, and the fire button on the side, which seems to stick sometimes. At $40 taxes included it seemed like a steal though. The jury is still out as to whether I like it or what my voltage sweet spot is. The range is from 3 to 6 and it increases in increments of .1, so this thing has 30 possible settings, which is pretty cool. A lot of my atomizers wont fit it though as it has a recessed connection. Dude at the shop said its made like that because if I try to hook up one of the smaller cheaper attys it will just fry it.
    Anyone else rocking the powertube? If so, what do you think about it? Also, did I just score a sweet deal, or waste $40 on a piece of junk?

2. Greg__B

Greg__B Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    don't have a powertube but i've been to Smoke FX. wasn't all that impressed really. a few nice mods they had on the shelves but once i realized they're pretty much selling nothing but knock-offs I don't think i'll be back. The juice that i picked up has been sitting in my vape box for a month now as the 3 that i picked up weren't all that enjoyable once i tried to vape them for more than 5 mins. Been going to e-steam at gloucester centre for a while now and nothing but good things to say about them. great selection of flavour crafters liquids and they recently started carrying juicy-clear as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.