Powertube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustbuster

Sep 21, 2013
Ottawa
Just picked up a powertube VV, which I'm assuming is a lavatube knock off. SmokeFX, my local (ottawa) shop had it on clearance as its an older model. The kit included 2 batteries, a charger, a vivi nova and of course the tube. It's not a very esthetically pleasing device, just a flat black metal tube about the size of a roll of quarters with + and - buttons to adjust voltage, a power button, and the fire button on the side, which seems to stick sometimes. At $40 taxes included it seemed like a steal though. The jury is still out as to whether I like it or what my voltage sweet spot is. The range is from 3 to 6 and it increases in increments of .1, so this thing has 30 possible settings, which is pretty cool. A lot of my atomizers wont fit it though as it has a recessed connection. Dude at the shop said its made like that because if I try to hook up one of the smaller cheaper attys it will just fry it.
Anyone else rocking the powertube? If so, what do you think about it? Also, did I just score a sweet deal, or waste $40 on a piece of junk?

Greg__B

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ottawa, ON Canada
don't have a powertube but i've been to Smoke FX. wasn't all that impressed really. a few nice mods they had on the shelves but once i realized they're pretty much selling nothing but knock-offs I don't think i'll be back. The juice that i picked up has been sitting in my vape box for a month now as the 3 that i picked up weren't all that enjoyable once i tried to vape them for more than 5 mins. Been going to e-steam at gloucester centre for a while now and nothing but good things to say about them. great selection of flavour crafters liquids and they recently started carrying juicy-clear as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread