Pre-made coils legs facing the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Have a Kanger Toptank Mini and just started making my own coils. I'm still learning but so far so good. I'm sure I will improve with time.

I have a bunch of premade coils (24 gauge) but I just noticed that the legs are both facing the same way. Tried to make each leg go the opposite way and the wire then ends up having a bend in it.

Is there a way to fix this or should I just chuck the premade ones?

Reactions: stols001

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Put a screw driver or coil post the size of the inner core of the coil thru them and use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull one leg straight across and unwrap it until they are opposite
Thanks. Just saw this answer. I was trying to pull it but not with pliers so I will give that a go. Thx

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Have a Kanger Toptank Mini and just started making my own coils. I'm still learning but so far so good. I'm sure I will improve with time.

I have a bunch of premade coils (24 gauge) but I just noticed that the legs are both facing the same way. Tried to make each leg go the opposite way and the wire then ends up having a bend in it.

Is there a way to fix this or should I just chuck the premade ones?

It might be Easier instead of Unwrapping the Coil by a 1/2 Turn, to Warp it the additional 1/2 Turn.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
To get them to face the opposite way you have to unroll them a bit. Do you have a mandrel that will fit inside them?
Had to look up mandrel :) ---no but I have a coil stick thingy that I could put the coil on and maybe slowly unroll. Got a few ideas here. I bought the premades to make life easier while I learn but so far I have been making my own because I've been mangling the premades .....

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
There are always these. .5 ohm Kanger coils
$5.08 Authentic KangerTech DIY Kit for RBA Rebuildable Atomizers - 60*48mm cotton (2pcs) + 0.5ohm coiled wires (20pcs) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
2061600-4.jpg

and extra screws for the rba
$2.52 Accessory Set for SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - random color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

8842500-2.jpg

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Many thanks. The bottom pic looks like it includes the side screw. Previously I was looking for that and could not find it. Now I have a pack of 50 screws on the way...and thanks for the coil link. I will add those to my arsenal. Even though I am making my own - I still like to have some premade ones on hand. Many thanks!

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
There are 2 different size screws for the rba. the one that holds on the chimney is smaller than the 2 post screws
I don't know how you found those screwdrivers and screws. Guess I am not that great of a searcher because I was looking on ft. I found RBA accessory packs and they only included the 2 screws. And of course that's not the screw I need. So I have a pack of 50 that I will eventually receive (from China). I was making a small order from fast tech and I couldn't resist -- I ordered the 5 pack.

Gonna give the pre-mades one more try with all the suggestions here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread