Status
Not open for further replies.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Hmm, Can't seem to find a definite answer on 'What in cigarettes causes the skin to age quicker'. Most just say 'Cigarettes Cause...'

Toxins really take their toll on skin. Modern anti-aging research shows that keeping the toxins out of our bodies leads to firmer skin with a more even tone. Reducing the amount of pollution and toxins will be reflected in your face. Even if you are not a smoker yourself, the presence of smoke in your environment is a real concern. We know that second-hand smoke causes health problems. It also causes aging in the skin.

Some Interesting Reads:

How Smoking Causes Wrinkles(Quote Above)
Cigarettes and Aging

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
I think analogs cause blood circulation problems, restrict the flow by nicotine action on vessels and CO2 action on the blood itself, which cause some damage to the tissue, skin and other, too.

As for heart and other circulatory diseases, the two chemicals in cigarettes that stand out as the biggest problems are nicotine and carbon monoxide. Nicotine, besides being addictive, has very powerful effects on arteries throughout the body. Nicotine is a stimulant, speeding up the heart by about 20 beats per minute with every cigarette, it raises blood pressure, is a vasoconstrictor - which means it makes arteries all over the body become smaller making it harder for the heart to pump through the constricted arteries - and it causes the body to release its stores of fat and cholesterol into the blood.

Circulatory Damage

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Excellent answer, and true. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, and the tiny veins that service skin can't receive enough blood to nourish it. As my dermatologist told me on my last visit, "Your skin is shot."

Note that this repetitious, daily vasoconstriction will also cause long-term damage to eyes, ears, organs and sexual function. It's all part of the price nic addicts will pay -- some day. And e-smoking doesn't avoid those problems if nicotine continues to be inhaled. Add hardening of the arteries to your list, as well, along with cholesterol imbalances.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
I don't know about the premature aging as that's not anything I've ever really cared about. But for what my 2 cents is worth I can voice an educated opinion in regards to the bad skin. I've had horrible skin my whole life, and it just got worse when I first started smoking. I always chocked it up to puberty since I started smoking at 13. But when I first started vaping I noticed a drastic difference in my skin about 3 weeks later. I had a bit of a relapse back to analogs about 6 weeks later and so did my skin. :cry: but now that I'm back on the e-cig bandwagon I'm hoping my skin will decide to like me again. I think all the crap in the smoke you exhale from an analog seriously irritates the skin.

Again, just my observations from personal experiance, for what they're worth... I'm sure there are lots of people on this forum that know a lot more than I do.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread