Premature Atomizer Failure....

What was in use when you suffered most of your premature atty failure...

• VG base using mini atty on standard battery (less than 5v.)

• VG base using mini atty on passthrough (5v.)

• VG base using mini atty on a mod (5+ volts)

• VG base using pen style atty on standard battery (less then 5v.)

• VG base using pen style atty on passthrough (5v.)

• VG base using pen style atty on mod (5+ volts)

• PG base using mini atty on standard battery (less than 5v.)

• PG base using mini atty on passthrough (5v.)

• PG base using mini atty on mod (5+ volts)

• PG base using pen style atty on standard battery (less than 5v.)

• PG base using pen style atty on passthrough (5v.)

• PG base using pen style atty on mod (5+ volts)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporize me

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Chester, PA USA
Poll to determine what was used when an atty suffered premature failure.

Premature failure would be considered an atty that dies within 2 weeks.

Also, if somebody gets a PG base juice then cuts it with VG then it should be polled as VG base as it will likely have more VG than PG in it and vice versa.

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Hey Pete..I am just like you...killed many an atomizer prematurely. Still trying to figure out if it is what I am doing/using/not doing or just the luck of the draw. Didn't have enough space to ask if it was during dripping/dipping or cart usage. Maybe people that answer the poll will elaborate further.

Hi..yes it's so frustrating to keep on reading about people regularly having atomizers that last for months ......and with so many different deas floating around it's very hard to work out exactly what could be making so much difference. some people swear it's their particular cleaning method and others say they never clean at all! With so many variations it's impossible to pin down what it is that 'really' makes a difference. Polls like this might help understand what's going on.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
vaporizeme - Just the sort of info we need - well done for setting this up.

* If you purchase a PG juice then cut it with VG, count it as VG base.

To provide any additional notes on your individual case, do post here too:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...74-atomizer-death-reports-add-yours-here.html

If we could have a second poll question, I think a good one would be most common juice
a) tobacco flavor
b) rich flavor (such as chocolate, coffee)
c) light flavor (such as apple, vanilla)
something like this (but better)

Last edited:

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Surely to be of any real use, you will also need another poll to see what people most popularly use? (eg - simplified, of course - if 50% of people generally use a penstyle with a battery, but only 5% of 'premature deaths' come from this category, then you have some good info. Just getting info on what you were using when it went dead doesn't give enough information on it's own since it could show that only a tiny proportion fail with x method, but if only a tiny proportion use it in the first place then you won't get a high figure for failure)

....Sorry, I'm rambling in an effort to get across what I am trying to say and I don't think I am doing very well. Does anyone see what I'm saying?

Surely to be of any real use, you will also need another poll to see what people most popularly use? (eg - simplified, of course - if 50% of people generally use a penstyle with a battery, but only 5% of 'premature deaths' come from this category, then you have some good info. Just getting info on what you were using when it went dead doesn't give enough information on it's own since it could show that only a tiny proportion fail with x method, but if only a tiny proportion use it in the first place then you won't get a high figure for failure)

....Sorry, I'm rambling in an effort to get across what I am trying to say and I don't think I am doing very well. Does anyone see what I'm saying?
Fair point. That would require a questionaire. This poll is a start and we know roughly what % of people use a mini or whatever. If anything interestng appears then something more detailed and specific can be put together.

Most deaths will be with PG because PG base is much more common; but what % of users use VG - hmm, maybe you have a good point Angela.

Similarly not everyone uses a passthrough. From the atomizer death report thread, death bu usb is pretty common; at present the poll doesn't reflect that, but it's early days.

It could be hard to interpret the results, you are ight.

Last edited:

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
Poll to determine what was used when an atty suffered premature failure.

I know the number of poll questions are limited to a certain amount, but it would be useful to see a poll on the types of USB pass-throughs being used: manual or auto; source of power (USB hub, powered or unpowered, computer or power pack) and whether or not there's an in-line battery.

I was dripping a home made brew so I think I broke it not the attys fault ,at least that will make me feel better .It was a new atty

Try a quick rinse under hot tap, shake dry, leave it to dry for 1/2 hour and try again with a few drips of a normal juice. Give it a minute or so of trying.

I know the number of poll questions are limited to a certain amount, but it would be useful to see a poll on the types of USB pass-throughs being used: manual or auto; source of power (USB hub, powered or unpowered, computer or power pack) and whether or not there's an in-line battery.

The poll will be interesting - bt it's becoming clear we will need a full questonaire to do this well.

Ideally we would also distinguish between usb passthrough with and without inline battery.

I am suspecting usb passthrough without inline battery is bad news. Just too powerful.

Adding 3 1N4001 diodes in series would help a lot by bringing the voltage down to 4v. But of course, few people would feel confident to do that mod.

With batteries, the voltage dips under load and more when the atty gets hot. A straight usb will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread