Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
maybe if enough folks vote for Johnson neither clinton nor trump will have enough votes to win and maybe it would open some eyes. :thumbs:

Given how the Electoral College works, that is not really possible, although sufficient votes for a third party candidate certainly affect whether a Republican or Democrat will win.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Actually, right now three states are clearly in play (Alaska, Utah & New Mexico). IF they were to swing to J/W (not saying they will, but if...), that does it.

House of Reps makes the call. In that vein, ANYTHING can happen.

Oh that would be quite a scene. Especially with only 8 justices on the Supreme Court.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Very tough to predict since he seems to be pulling from both factions. There's now some evidence that suggests that he's now pulling more from the D's though, since they saw fit to pull the President into the fray.

Running scared much? ;)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
maybe if enough folks vote for Johnson neither clinton nor trump will have enough votes to win and maybe it would open some eyes. :thumbs:

Thats not going to happen for several reasons.

1. Tge third party candidate will have to win States to earn electoral votes.

2 I see a third party winning 5-10% of the vote but not winning a single state.

3. Both the Republican and Democrat parties are brain washing their members a vote for third party helps elect the opponent (Hillary or Trump).

4. If the Electoral College doesnt have a winner it will be thrown to Congress. Since tge Republicans are in the msjority Trump will be the next president.

I can't in good conscience vote for either Hillary or Trump. Both are terribly flawed candidates.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
4. If the Electoral College doesnt have a winner it will be thrown to Congress. Since tge Republicans are in the msjority Trump will be the next president.

I'm not yet 100% sold on this point. Making friends has not been the man's strongest asset. On the other hand, Bill Weld still has quite a few of them (friends) up on The Hill.

I'm making no predictions, simply establishing points to ponder.

Reactions: Katdarling

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think this election will go down in history as the worst one ever. I don't think folks will be voting FOR a candidate but will be voting AGAINST their opponent. Several times we have had to choose the lesser of two evils but sadly, this time, they both are unfit to hold the highest office in the USA :facepalm: May as well just do a inney, miny, minny, moe or put the 2 names in a hat and pick out the winner. :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think this election will go down in history as the worst one ever. I don't think folks will be voting FOR a candidate but will be voting AGAINST their opponent. Several times we have had to choose the lesser of two evils but sadly, this time, they both are unfit to hold the highest office in the USA :facepalm: May as well just do a inney, miny, minny, moe or put the 2 names in a hat and pick out the winner. :(

Or opt for the only ticket that publicly endorses vaping, along with many personal freedoms and this country's Constitution.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Or opt for the only ticket that publicly endorses vaping, along with many personal freedoms and this country's Constitution.

If a 3rd Party Candidate does Not have a Viable Chance of winning, then one should consider what Candidate will Benefit from a person voting 3rd Party?

As Kat mentioned in Post #6, Vote Wisely.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Long being guilty of thinking for myself, I promise you that I plan to do exactly that.

My job/right/obligation is NOT to pick the winner, but to vote for the ticket I feel would best serve the republic. I also don't put any faith in what the media tells me is a case, or what I should or shouldn't do.

I look inside myself, find the answers that I believe are the best for my belief system, and I follow those instincts unimpeded by outside sources. After this many years on the planet, I find it highly unlikely that I'll change course anytime in the near future, and certainly not by November 8th.

Let freedom ring.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
My job/right/obligation is NOT to pick the winner, but to vote for the ticket I feel would best serve the republic. I also don't put any faith in what the media tells me is a case, or what I should or shouldn't do.
This is what everyone SHOULD do!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
If a 3rd Party Candidate does Not have a Viable Chance of winning, then one should consider what Candidate will Benefit from a person voting 3rd Party?

Yes, I did mention it (a time or two ;) ) and believe that statement is sound counsel.

We are NOT playing a game of American Idol here. It is vitally important that we all familiarize ourselves with our choices, which number THREE, just by the way, not two.

I had full intentions to vote for the candidate(s) who can best serve our country, and it this case, it's CLEARLY Johnson/Weld. Not only am I aligned with the majority of their stance(s) but I can not even IMAGINE not casting a vote for a party that endorses vaping. I supported them before, so this is just incredibly delicious frosting on the cake. :thumb:

I have ZERO intention of voting against either the Rep or the Dem candidates. I'm FOR Johnson.

"You in?" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread