The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pressure in the ears?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by RavenII, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RavenII

RavenII Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2009
    Chicago
    Does anyone have problems with pressure in the ears? It's happened 2 times so far, both times it seems after I was using the ecig more than usual...

2. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    When I get a little more nic than I need..........I feel heat and pressure in the back of my head(behind the ears.)

I would say high dose..............not an overdose, because I am aware of what it is and stop.

good to have lighter mg's around for times when I over vape

3. RavenII

May 27, 2009
    Chicago
    See I used to run a "friendly" poker tournament at a local "coffee shop" here in Chicago, and when these guys would start smoking, they would start smoking...non stop. Cigars and cigarettes...non stop. When I left the place (after 3-4 hours in a not so well ventilated room), I would have a very mild head ache, high blood pressure, my heart would be beating like hell, and I would feel light headed...and I couldn't breathe too well. But I never experienced the pressure in the ears, it's certainly possible that it's not even related, but being new to ecigs, I'm trying to see if it's changing anything in my body....being slightly paranoid and all...

4. m68thomas

m68thomas Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2009
    Ive been getting ear infections all my life. Doctors said it was because my grandmother smoked a cart of cigs weekly in the house. Ive been vaping for almost 4 months. I have an ear infection know but i dont relate it to the vaping. sounds like the pull on the cigs is giving you the problem. Try a manual switch. i bet it goes away.:)

5. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    Now days many, many kids have ear infections non stop and require tubes in their ears to keep them drained......doubt smoke had anything to do with it. My grandma used to treat ear infection pain by blowing smoke in the ear canal

One thing to check out raven is high blood pressure(ringing in the ears) nicotine can do this

6. RavenII

May 27, 2009
    Chicago
    Haha, yeah, I remember my mom used to blow smoke in my ear when I had an infection as a kid...haha. I thought only middle easterners did that. Yeah, I think I need to go strict vape only and cut the analogs once and for all...just have to wait for my batteries to get in.

7. m68thomas

m68thomas Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2009
    My grandmother used to do the same thing (smoke in the ear) and it worked. funny how the cure resembles the cause :confused:

8. RavenII

May 27, 2009
    Chicago
    Although that makes sense...it doesn't in my case. The pull on my M40x is so light, it's actually lighter than a real cig believe it or not. None the less...something to consider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.