Pretty Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
One month ago today I was still smoking analogs. Knew cigarettes had all sorts of bad things like arsenic,tar, etc, but did that ever stop me from inhaling them? Nope.:(

Today I stopped at the store to try and find some flavorings for my juice. Here I am reading the ingredients to make sure there is no food coloring that might be bad for me to inhale but I probably ingest everyday anyway.:rolleyes:

I was sitting there laughing at myself in the store thinking about this. Just goes to show you how bad the cigarettes addiction is and how much e-smoking can change you.:)

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
One month ago today I was still smoking analogs. Knew cigarettes had all sorts of bad things like arsenic,tar, etc, but did that ever stop me from inhaling them? Nope.:(

Today I stopped at the store to try and find some flavorings for my juice. Here I am reading the ingredients to make sure there is no food coloring that might be bad for me to inhale but I probably ingest everyday anyway.:rolleyes:

I was sitting there laughing at myself in the store thinking about this. Just goes to show you how bad the cigarettes addiction is and how much e-smoking can change you.:)

im exactly the same as you mate!

dirty smoke, tar, cancer triggering chemicals.......oh that will be fine

a slightly pink colour to this e-juice........hmmm better use with caution!

its crazy really isnt it! lol

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
Excellent post and everyone so far is so right. I could have seen a report about certain analogs having a switchblade filter that would slice your tongue off and all I would have said was "Dof thomeone haf a wight?". And now I am opening PDFs from New Zealand to see if I may get acne from a chocolate flavored juice. Ah the good old days :p

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
Congrats on your aniversary! Looking forward to mine. Ahh the journey starts tomorrow actually. Just got my first e-cig today. Been digesting so much info the past cpl weeks it feels like a few months already :D

It is funney. 400 known carcenagins no prob.... Red dye #5 .....are you kidding me? You want me to put what in my body? I think its the way they are marketed to us is to blame all before we knew better. We want healthy but refuse to sacrafice our chemical dependencies. Everything else is a means to an end:cool:

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
Congrats on your aniversary! Looking forward to mine. Ahh the journey starts tomorrow actually. Just got my first e-cig today. Been digesting so much info the past cpl weeks it feels like a few months already :D

It is funney. 400 known carcenagins no prob.... Red dye #5 .....are you kidding me? You want me to put what in my body? I think its the way they are marketed to us is to blame all before we knew better. We want healthy but refuse to sacrafice our chemical dependencies. Everything else is a means to an end:cool:

Make sure you give us an update after you use yours. What did you get?

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida

Good luck with it. Never thought I'd see the day I'd put down the cigarettes without losing my mind in the process.:D

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
Hey Smokingclam....congrats! Keep it up!

I don't know about you, but even after only one week of vaping I feel like a new person! I feel healthier, happier, and more in control. I am coughing up all the tar and toxins that have built up over the years and even though it's nasty, I love seeing it come out of me. Gross I know! But it feels good.

Like you, I also find it ironic that I worry even a little about what colorings or flavorings are in my e-liquids. Smoke? Suuuure. Chocolate flavoring? :shock:

I am positive we are 1000x better off breathing vapor than SMOKE.

Congrats again and congrats to everyone here!

-Cal

shakey ceasefire

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
San Francisco
Hey Smokingclam....congrats! Keep it up!

I don't know about you, but even after only one week of vaping I feel like a new person! I feel healthier, happier, and more in control. I am coughing up all the tar and toxins that have built up over the years and even though it's nasty, I love seeing it come out of me. Gross I know! But it feels good.

Like you, I also find it ironic that I worry even a little about what colorings or flavorings are in my e-liquids. Smoke? Suuuure. Chocolate flavoring? :shock:

I am positive we are 1000x better off breathing vapor than SMOKE.

Congrats again and congrats to everyone here!

-Cal

Hey Calaban, nice amp! Is that yours? Anyway, I agree, I love coughing up lung-nuggets, lung-butter and phlegm-gems now. Getting rid of that stuff for good.

I also notice that I don't wake up with stale dragon-fart breath now. My morning mouth is like a fresh spring morning compared to before.

Other things might be wishful thinking; like my vision getting sharper, hearing getting better (ears popping) and skin looking clearer. Anyone else experienced this? I'm analog free 2 weeks today.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
I am feeling left out.........after 4o years of heavy smoking....I have been vaping for 2months....but I haven't coughed up anything from my lungs....in fact it's just the oposite my smokers cough vanished almost straight away!

Hey Pete, I've been wondering about that too! For me it was 44 years (with a couple of lengthy quit periods mixed in), and I haven't coughed up the bad stuff either. Eeks, does that maybe signal that our lungs are so permeated with the stuff it won't ever come out?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Just went to the dentist today and he and his hygentists were all crowding around the chair to see me vape my 901. I made up a little handout with the forum's address and several suppliers addresses and they all took one. My dentists said he wanted to check it out some more and start telling his other smoker patients about vaping. I felt like a good will ambassador.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread