Pretty new to vaping- What device should I get next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexx13

Apr 24, 2018
I used to smoke cigarettes, then I got a Juno. Hated the flavors, loved the simplicity. Moved onto a sourin air which I really liked because it was refillable with my own liquids... then dropped it in water by accident. Went back to the shop got a joytech aio since they didn't have any sourin airs and I am kinda a nicotine feign and wanted something asap. I like the aio, I just hate how fast the coils burn out because I'm constantly vaping. I'd like to move onto something else I guess a little more advanced. I prefer vapes that are compatible with a high nic content. Also not looking to spend a crazy amount of money.

Reactions: stols001

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Hello, I'm a MTL vaper and use relatively high nic levels (24 mg nic salts). I've used pod systems and such but didn't particularly like them... even the ones that were good in the beginning ended up failing after a month or so.
My favourite MTL tank is the original nautilus (5ml capacity) with the 1.8 ohm BVC coils.
I use an eLeaf istick 40w to power it. It's perfect for my needs, and the 5ml lasts me quite a while before I need to refill. As well, the mod will last me days on a single charge.
I've also used the Innokin EZ watt, it was descent as well, but it seemed to go through juice a little faster and the 2 ml tank didn't last a full day.
Just my $0.02 :)
Cheers,
Mike

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Welcome aboard,
    I also started on the innokin endura t18, its pretty similar to the joyetech your using. Next got an innokin t22 - bigger tank and better battery life.

3 months down I'm using a pico 75w mod with an innokin zenith tank. Can't recommend the zenith tank highly enuff - 4ml, coils last weeks and fantastic flavour. Its fits better on a pico 25 85w mod - if you want to use a mod with external batteries.

Or if you are happy using an internal battery the innokin zenith tank with an innokin kroma-a mod is a great step up for beginners.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I already know what @stols001 will say (I'm usually weighing in after her, and giving a +1). Same as me and many others: Aspire Zelos kit is a great starter. Nautilus 2 tank is among the best mtl tanks with factory (don't build yourself) coils, especially for ex-smokers. You almost certainly will, if you continue to vape, move on from AIO (all-in-one) devices. Even so, the Nautilus 2 tank may be your thing for quite a while. But even if you move on to building your own coils, as I have, you can continue to use the Zelos mod. It's solid as a rock, easy to use, small and pocketable, and a year later, I still use it daily, along with other mods that do temp control a little better. Many will recommend mods with replaceable batteries (which I also now use), but I don't really recommend it in the beginning. Plenty of time for that down the road. Anyway, it's cheap, solid, and you can't do much better than the N2 tank to start with after quitting smoking.
    Good luck- it's a lot easier than you think after getting thru the 1st few weeks. I smoked 40+ years, and never touched one after getting started with the Zelos kit.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Brewdawg1181 reads my mind! LOL. I did quit using the Aspire zelos kit and it's not a bad option, I quit with that setup so it must be doing something right, LOL. Full disclosure I don't vape that kit now, but mainly because they are now the husband's quitting setups.

There are some really nice other options out there now. A lot of folks like the pico kit, although in the newest version really, the tank is not MTL. It's not a bad mod to have, period though. Maybe not the tank. The Innoken Zenith is really an excellent tank as well however. I think it has a lot going for a new user, ease of use, easier fill system, larger capacity with still great flavor, good coil life, and etc. I'd say the flavor is equivalent to or slightly better than the N2, and I think it's user friendly enough (in fact more than the N2) to be a great starter tank as well, and the larger capacity can be nice.

I also recommend a few tanks that take the Joytech CLR coil at 1.0 resistance. The magic is in the coil though and sometimes you have to buy the coil separately from the tanks. But, a couple tanks that are decent and fit the coil would be an Ego One Mega V2, or a Tron-s Tank. They are bottom fill although not a terribly difficult bottom fill, and I'd probably say that I prefer the Ego Mega one over the Tron. Also 4 ml capacity, coils have longevity and can be rewicked pretty easily as well.

Another kind of unappreciated tank is the Ijoy Elf, (IMO) it doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's like a N2 only it "fixes" the N2 problems, much easier topfill system, true 2 ml capacity (the N2 can only be filled to about 1.7 ml if using the fill line (and you should) and the topfill is okay but can be a bit finicky on the N2, the Elf comes with proprietary coils but also accepts the N2 coils, and it's a nice tank if you are looking for something smaller.

You have lots of options, that can be good and bad, but really switching to any of the other setups mentioned will probably give you a nicer experience than you are getting now, and once the equipment is procured, you will likely get better coil life and a better vaping experience.

Best of luck!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I used to smoke cigarettes, then I got a Juno. Hated the flavors, loved the simplicity. Moved onto a sourin air which I really liked because it was refillable with my own liquids... then dropped it in water by accident. Went back to the shop got a joytech aio since they didn't have any sourin airs and I am kinda a nicotine feign and wanted something asap. I like the aio, I just hate how fast the coils burn out because I'm constantly vaping. I'd like to move onto something else I guess a little more advanced. I prefer vapes that are compatible with a high nic content. Also not looking to spend a crazy amount of money.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Sounds like your looking for a MTL tank. Might want to look at the Tron-S, with the CLR coils,the EHpro Kayfun Lite V2, Kayfun V5, and the Kanger Subtank Mini with the RBA/purch option. YFTK Kayfun/SXK KF Prime Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer are also said to be a good choice.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    If you do decide on a rebuildable, I agree with Brother Bob on the Kayfun Lite V2- it's a very nice vape, but pretty old (circa 2014), and lacks features and ease of use you get in newer rta's. I didn't like the Kayfun 5 or Prime, and gave them away.
    But some of the top mtl rta's on the market now in addition to the Prime: Vandyvape Berserker (haven't tried yet), Digiflavor Siren 2 (probably will try), Innokin Ares (I have this one, and it's pretty good), and my personal favorite at the moment- the SXK Doggy Style. The Doggy is great, and super simple, easy to build - almost nothing can go wrong with it, and it's only around $10 at Fasttech, so you could get a few of them for the price of one of the others.

• Useful
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread