Pretty please with a Big Cloud on top may someone help with my Sub-ohm vaping??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hello again everyone!

I recently purchased a sub-ohm tank to try out as I do prefer vaping DL, I can easily use my Zenith this way(and am very happy with it) but I was keen to try a Big Cloud Maker!!
    My problem is I can't seem to work it out. I have an Innokin Crios tank with a 0.65ohm coil inside, the coil is rated between 35-65watts. I'm using 70vg/30pg juice.
    I like my vape nice and smooth yet every time I use the Crios I get a big Wack in the back of the throat.
    I'm trying to work out if the airflow needs to be adjusted or wattage on mod needs to be adjusted (up,down) or maybe my Head just needs to be adjusted!!

Any help is Great help,

Thanks, Daniel.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Are you using the same juice you did with the Zenith? DL tanks generally vapourize liquid a lot faster than MTL tanks, so when you switch from MTL to DL you need to lower your nicotine or it'll hit you like a freight train.

If that's not it, try turning down the power. Recommended coil ratings are often exaggerated, so don't worry if you happen to like it better under 35 watts. Whatever works for you is the 'right' setting.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    doing from a tight draw to an airy draw will tend to kick you a bit or choke you...try slowly inhaling instead of taking a quick hard drag
    what watts are you vaping on and what watts do you usually use?

Hi Shadav,
    I usually vape on 16-17watts with Zenith, I'm alternating with the Crios.
    On the lower range though average 40-50watts.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hello Daniel Forsyth, may I ask what mod you're using?

As I myself am a DTL vaper, but I do so using TCR/TC/Temperature Controlled vaping mode. As I couldn't stand using straight wattage, it ends up giving me a sore throat.

Innokin Coolfire IV Plus.
    Wattage and voltage setting only.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I do Daniel Forsyth, as when the coil or coils reach temperature the wattage gets throttled to keep it at temperature.

You just need a capable mod and use compatible coils such as Stainless Steel (various grades or compositions), Titanium or Nickel.

Recently I took the leap into rebuildable atomisers (Geekvape Ammit 25), and I've been working out how to build coils and then wick them. I'm using SS316L Stainless Steel wire and getting decent results, just managed to crack the wicking (now I've said that I've probably just jinxed myself).

My coil is 6 wraps or turns of 27 AWG (0.34mm) SS316L with a 3mm ID (Inside Diameter), which are spaced (gap inbetween wraps). Comes out at 0.65 ohms. Gives a very nice flavourful vape without lots of heat.

But if you are wishing to move to DTL vaping you may wish to consider upgrading your mod, as DTL vaping uses battery capacity a lot more than MTL vaping.

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    No, 75 watts.
    The temp. controlled coils do interest me though.

Do you find a big difference Mordacai?

Not Mordacai, but yes. Specifically, consistency.

The lower the ohms, the higher the watts, the hotter the vape. So then also you want lower nic, preferably higher vg, and more air- vg vaporizes at higher temps than pg, so it works better with lower ohm coils, and more AF cools the coils off quicker.

Dl takes a bit to get used to though.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
    re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
    In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Your subject: Innokin tank, suggest posting in : Innokin Technology
    You may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above forum.

No worries mate
    I didn't realise I was a Full Member yet.
    I Passed the test!!

Happy Vaping!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread