Price of premium eliquid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Are there threads on DIY e-juice cloning of the premium e-juice companies?

The prices of premium e-liquid is up there at .90 cents per ml.
( Up around the cost of analogs. Guess the cash isn't saved when switching to vaping. )

Remember how much a ml. in volume is, NOT MUCH.--
Remember that the cost of a quart of USDA grade VG or PG , Retail = .03 per ml.--

Ninety eight present of the US premium ejuice companies don't say what the ingredients are.
Just the flavor description.
One third of them don't give the PG/VG ratio.

If I can figure out what the ingredients are of some of these great tasting, thick e-liquids I would be happy to post them.

Till then, I'll keep using MFPB & Monarch from Vapergate to add as flavorings to my e-juice blends

Not saving a whole lot of cash as of yet, but I will keep VapingOn.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
You're paying too much for your VG & PG :lol:, more like 1.2 cents per ml where I got mine. :pervy: The flavoring is often the most expensive part of DIY. I use very low flavor, so even that cost is not very much for me.

Search for the name of your vendor e-liquid in the DIY forum, you may find a recipe for something close.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Quality is the key word in DIY. Any monkey can mix a bottle of this and a bottle of that but to make good juice will cost a little bit with an investment in bottles, measuring equipment as well as ingredients. I buy nicotine from NudeNicotine for the high quality and no "peppery" taste. My costs to diy are around 5 cents per ml. I have an additional $60 or so in equipment. Wow is right in the cost of flavoring is the biggest part of it. Buying in bulk is the most cost effective way to go but you will not reap the benefits for a while down the road. I should mention that there is a learning curve to this as well. You will make some juice that isn't right, to weak, not enough this or that, needs steep time and other time consuming issues that prevents you from enjoying the fruits of your labor. Try to think of it more as an adventure than a destination. Good luck and vape on.

Reactions: Gahh

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Buying/vaping premium retail juice is a lot like paying $3 for a small bottle of filtered tap water that has a fancy label stuck on it, you're paying for convenience but the markup is astronomical. In truth, the only difference between premium retail and DIY juice is the knowledge and skill of the person mixing them. DIY can save you 98%+ but only if you take the time and effort to learn how to properly mix, most people simply don't have the patience, interest or willingness to do so. Same thing goes for using a RBA (Re-Buildable Atomizer), instead of buying $2 coil heads. You can rebuild the RBA fifty times using premium supplies for the cost of one single mass produced coil head. If money isn't a concern why bother to learn anything you can simply pay someone else to do for you? If money is a concern then put forth the time/effort and learn how to DIY, you can save a bundle.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
You can DIY high flavor mixes (the most expensive mixes) for 3.5 cents/ml. You can buy PG/VG by the gallon for about 1 cent/ml, and NIC at low levels (3-6mg is almost cost-less.

The DIY section is loaded with recipes. Some you may not like but that is true of any commercial juice. In general, the DIY recipes in the DIY section are just as good as commercial juice and it really is not that hard to make. Some people think it takes Mad Skilz to "get it right" but I disagree. You will have to just try it yourself :)

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
"Premium" e juice ALWAYS carries a premium tag, and SOMETIMES premium quality, but seldom is it worth it. I hate supporting companies that feed off of peoples' need for juice, because they quit smoking, so I don't. There are tons of recipes out there, some of which are clones of these "premium" juices.

jeffersondavis

Jul 25, 2015
Get your DIY on. Buy yourself some vg and pg, I've used Essential Depot before with good results. Acquire some nicotine, Nude Nicotine is a good supplier and then grab some Flavors and your all set! Dont forget to save some old bottles to resuse and get a couple of syrengies and gloves on amazon. SAFETY FIRST. you never want to handle nic without gloves and eye protection. Be careful breathing concentrated nic too...its kind of toxic in large doses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread