Priming and runnijng a DCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAGF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Scots expat in Florida
Another newbie question: I have a straightforward 3ml tank and am using Smok 2 ohm single hole cartos. My tank was running fine on my first carto, until it began flooding, so I took it apart, cleaned it out and replaced the carto with a new one. I "primed" the new carto, reassembled and filled the tank about 3/4 full, but I can't get a good vape from it - it seems to be only running on the prime, rather than drawing from the tank. (ie. no bubbles from the carto hole)

I've tried another carto, drawing gently, drawing hard, watched vids on YouTube - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in anticipation ...

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Your issue is common. Carto tanks rely on the filler to absorb liquid thru a hole and when the stars and planets align, this will happen perfectly and neither flood nor starve your carto as you vape. Factors that effect this are liquid viscosity, density of the carto filler, variances in absorbent qualities of the carto filler from one carto till the next, the size and number of holes in the carto, etc.

With your issue, you can slide the carto out of the tank and use a sewing needle to poke at the filler a bit thru the hole in the carto sleeve to manipulate it (hopefully) in to absorbing more liquid. Or you could try enlarging the hole a bit or add another hole on the opposite side. Or try some 2 hole or 3 hole tank cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread