"Chump"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
    Yep, there it is!

obFJF0G.jpg

I agree, the person who posted that picture probably has a stuck DOWN button, or a short in his wiring to it.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    • Deleted by Unforeseen
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Spiceman1967

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2014
    Lompoc, CA, USA
      Yep, there it is!

obFJF0G.jpg

I agree, the person who posted that picture probably has a stuck DOWN button, or a short in his wiring to it.

I had a dna 40 do that when I got a new batch and was doing pre-use tests. Nothing was wired up, except a battery. When I powered it up, the wattage immediately scrolled down on its own past 1W until that display came up. Activating UP button did nothing. Evolv replaced the board for me :)

Rossum

"Chump"
      Supporting Member
      ECF Veteran
      Verified Member
      Dec 14, 2013
      SE PA
        I had a dna 40 do that when I got a new batch and was doing pre-use tests. Nothing was wired up, except a battery. When I powered it up, the wattage immediately scrolled down on its own past 1W until that display came up. Activating UP button did nothing. Evolv replaced the board for me :)
        Well, with nothing wired to the board, then it's a flaw (short) on the board itself somewhere.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
        ECF Veteran
        Oct 22, 2013
        SoCal-Vegas
        instagram.com
          I had a DNA 40 do that when I got a new batch and was doing pre-use tests. Nothing was wired up, except a battery. When I powered it up, the wattage immediately scrolled down on its own past 1W until that display came up. Activating UP button did nothing. Evolv replaced the board for me :)
          Yeah that's exactly what mines doing, no writes lose tho as far as I can see but I guess theres something loose or shored. Sucks, this is my only working board. Gonna pulling test it and hopefully it's ok. Thanks for the help. .

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
          ECF Veteran
          Mar 19, 2013
          USA
          • Deleted by Unforeseen

73neb

Supporting Member
          ECF Veteran
          Verified Member
          Feb 27, 2014
          N. California Bay Area
            So I stayed up till 3 this morning building my first GDNA (that has been waiting on me for months). Setup a test rig to check the da40 that I got from the first board co-op, works fine. Followed the build doc and it fired the first time. Second time, it said weak battery. Battery voltage measured 4.18, so I tried again, same message. Tried another fresh battery, same problem. Anyone having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gdeal

Moved On
            ECF Veteran
            Aug 4, 2012
            ( -_-) Ω~
            • Deleted by Unforeseen

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
            ECF Veteran
            Mar 19, 2013
            USA
            • Deleted by Unforeseen

gdeal

Moved On
            ECF Veteran
            Aug 4, 2012
            ( -_-) Ω~
            • Deleted by Unforeseen

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
            ECF Veteran
            Verified Member
            Oct 9, 2013
            PA
              Got my chip from Evolv. Soldered it together. Atty was firing. Placed it in the shell. won't fire. remove from shell. it fires again. placed back in the shell, not firing.

the last one caused a short/open problem with the wattage up button so i'd have to refix that.

i'm done with this thing man :lol:

wasted too much time and effort. probably just purchase something else that's ready-made

it's clearly not making a good enough connection with the deans while inside the shell

gdeal

Moved On
              ECF Veteran
              Aug 4, 2012
              ( -_-) Ω~
              • Deleted by Unforeseen

BobC

Reformed Squonker
              ECF Veteran
              Verified Member
              Jul 11, 2013
              Downtown Charleston, SC
                Got my chip from Evolv. Soldered it together. Atty was firing. Placed it in the shell. won't fire. remove from shell. it fires again. placed back in the shell, not firing.

the last one caused a short/open problem with the wattage up button so i'd have to refix that.

wasted too much time and effort. probably just purchase something else that's ready-made

it's clearly not making a good enough connection with the deans while inside the shell

Kurrupt, this is just too easy to remedy, just post pics of the top & bottom internals showing the deans connectors, you prolly have the connectors inset too much, remedied by sanding down the internals

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
                ECF Veteran
                Verified Member
                Oct 9, 2013
                PA
                  ill probably have to redo the tact switches which means I'll probably have to solder to the tact switches again

along with sanding and that's assuming no other issues arise in the interim

not sure I can be bothered at this point

it's annoying because it's still powering the board. i have extra deans but that is basically starting the whole device over...again

Last edited:

BobC

Reformed Squonker
                  ECF Veteran
                  Verified Member
                  Jul 11, 2013
                  Downtown Charleston, SC

Sorry you're not enjoying the process, but this is what modding is all about

Status
                    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

')