Probably already answered somewhere, but what does a Provari do that a LavaTube doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tookiedoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Elgin, SC
Ok, so I'm looking at getting a LT. But the Provari looks attractive as well. The downside is, I don't really want to spend that much on a Provari. The main features that I'm looking at is longer battery life(I use a ego-t 1000mah passthrough now), a consistent voltage throughout the battery life, and variable voltage. Any help, opinions, thoughts, ideas, musings, etc. etc. would be appreciated. :confused: Thanks!

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Disclaimer. I don't own a LT and have had my Provari only 2 days, my 1st PV
of any kind.

I cannot say anything pos. or neg. about the LT, but between the 2yr.ext. warranty,
the high level of craftsmanship and the versatility of the Provari, it may just be the
last PV I ever have to buy. Although at some point I may order a back up just in case
I drop this one or something and need to send it in for repairs.

Sorta like driving a new Caddy for the first time and thinking why didn't I spend the
little extra and get one sooner? I could have been riding in the lap of luxury all this
time.

:2c: My opinion, you did ask!

Cheers, Hitmetwice.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Provari can run exactly 6 volt with single coil cartos while Lavatube can't. Test it yourself.

Sent from my mind using my fingers.

That's a valid point, but voltage can be offset by changing the atomizer/cartomizer resistance. With Boges in 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 models available, you can find a sweet spot with variable voltage in just about any ecig available.

RB37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Loudoun County VA
That's a valid point, but voltage can be offset by changing the atomizer/cartomizer resistance. With Boges in 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 models available, you can find a sweet spot with variable voltage in just about any ecig available.

Neither here nore there, its all about watts. My sweet spot is 4-4.2v on the mini LT, and I love it, and it is MUCH lighter and feels good in the hand.... ()

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Provari can run exactly 6 volt with single coil cartos while Lavatube can't. Test it yourself.

Can you run it all day at 6v??? I ask as I have only seen everyone saying they run it at 4.2. I am now afraid to stack batteries to achieve 6v or more, and am back to 3.7 and eyeing the cigarettes instead. If it can, I'll be saving up for it!

JMO, LT and any knock offs will probably get lower in price as time wears on, the Kick comes out, and other new mods. I understand it cannot do 6v, so I will not get that.

Last edited:

Johanino

Jun 20, 2011
Scotland

Exactly :)...I got my first VV in September from a vendor on a UK Forum....it died within a month. Got it fixed and sold it. Now on a basic 18650 mod and Boge LR's with a tank from PV (parkes)..love it..so sweet. Such good flavour...:) I'm one happy bunny.....

Just MHO

Plus a basic 18650 mod the batteries will last all day and like the boges are pennies from china

J

vikeme28

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Waste Lands
Im missing something here ? how is a LT warranty invalid if you use a tank on it ?
Volcano has some very good customer service. But they also let their egos get a little big sometimes too. Not sure about tanks to be specific because they sell a 6 ml tank just for the LT. But what they do claim is you void their warranty by using any accessories not sold by them which is laughable.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Ok, so I'm looking at getting a LT. But the Provari looks attractive as well. The downside is, I don't really want to spend that much on a Provari. The main features that I'm looking at is longer battery life(I use a ego-t 1000mah passthrough now), a consistent voltage throughout the battery life, and variable voltage. Any help, opinions, thoughts, ideas, musings, etc. etc. would be appreciated. :confused: Thanks!

The Pro-vari is one of the finest PV's made. It's hand made and priced accordingly. But, at 1/4 the cost, the LT is one nice vaping machine. (I have 3 Buzz-pros and 2 LT's, I don't own a Pro-Vari but borrowed and used one for a week, when I was considdering buying one) I decided that for my money, I'd buy 2 LTs to go with my Buzz Pros.
The LT is mass produced and has some quality control issues. Make sure you buy from a reputable vendor with a one year waranty.

https://www.apolloecigs.com/product_p/atube.htm

True. With 3.0 ohm cartos the LT limits to 5.3 V under load. (tested w/ AW 1600 Bats). But that is over 9 watts, and I never go over 8. So for me the amp limit is a non factor, for those who want more than 9 watts, it's a non-starter and should go with the Pro-Vari.

I chose provari because I love my tanks and lavatube's warranty is immediately void if you put a tank on it.

Stormie:angel:

They won't know if you don't tell them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread