Probably the newest newbie question there is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean cannon

Sep 4, 2015
Durham uk
My coolfire4 has an over discharge protector right is it at a set voltage or does it vary with what ever tank or coil I'm using and if it is a set figure what is it , my device seems to blink red and stop firing at first at 3.14 then at 3.22 and the latest is 3.32 now I use varying coils from 1.5 to 2.50 and also use 0.50 0.50 being the last tank I used ? Hope this makes sense and thanks for reading it

Reactions: FringeChief68

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
is it at a set voltage or does it vary with what ever tank or coil I'm using
The discharge protection is probably fixed at a set voltage. But each time you fire the mod, the battery will sag while firing. How much it sags is dependent on your atty's resistance. So the discharge protection will kick in at a different displayed battery voltage depending upon the atty and the state (age) of the battery.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
My coolfire4 has an over discharge protector right is it at a set voltage or does it vary with what ever tank or coil I'm using and if it is a set figure what is it , my device seems to blink red and stop firing at first at 3.14 then at 3.22 and the latest is 3.32 now I use varying coils from 1.5 to 2.50 and also use 0.50 0.50 being the last tank I used ? Hope this makes sense and thanks for reading it
The cutoff will vary based on what wattage/resistance you are using it at. The higher the wattage, or the lower the resistance, the higher the voltage required. All regulated mods will trigger the low voltage warning and stop working well before the voltage on the battery falls to the point where it is so low that the battery may be damaged. In all of the regulated mods, I've seen them "turn off" anywhere from just below 3.2 volts to a high of 3.6 volts. From what I have read, the "point of no return" for a battery is somewhere around 2.6 volts. Even if that happens, some chargers (like my XTar VP4) state that they can reverse the damage and restore the battery.

Reactions: Sean cannon
I

Innokin_Ash

The discharge protection is probably fixed at a set voltage. But each time you fire the mod, the battery will sag while firing. How much it sags is dependent on your atty's resistance. So the discharge protection will kick in at a different displayed battery voltage depending upon the atty and the state (age) of the battery.

The cutoff will vary based on what wattage/resistance you are using it at. The higher the wattage, or the lower the resistance, the higher the voltage required. All regulated mods will trigger the low voltage warning and stop working well before the voltage on the battery falls to the point where it is so low that the battery may be damaged. In all of the regulated mods, I've seen them "turn off" anywhere from just below 3.2 volts to a high of 3.6 volts. From what I have read, the "point of no return" for a battery is somewhere around 2.6 volts. Even if that happens, some chargers (like my XTar VP4) state that they can reverse the damage and restore the battery.

This is exactly what happens, no need to worry. It's a built in safety feature to protect the battery under load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread