Problem with 510 auto Battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek5L

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Austin, TX
Hi guys. I have had the 510 kit since last week and have run into a possible problem. I do not vape constantly or anything (probably one to two puffs per hour- if that). But last night, after charging up my auto battery, I put the atomizer and cart on, and...nothing. Not even a smidge of vapor. I noticed that the led wasnt functioning either. I tried attaching my other atty, and even a different cart...nothing. If I wave the battery back and forth with nothing attached, it sometimes lights up on the LED, but no vapor or hit is produced. I have not dropped it, no juice leaked in it, and always keep it in a cool dry place. I have heard of batteries not lasting very long, but less than 2 weeks? This is ridiculous. Now, my manual battery works perfect, and I probably use it twice as much than I do the auto. Can someone please help?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi guys. I have had the 510 kit since last week and have run into a possible problem. I do not vape constantly or anything (probably one to two puffs per hour- if that). But last night, after charging up my auto battery, I put the atomizer and cart on, and...nothing. Not even a smidge of vapor. I noticed that the led wasnt functioning either. I tried attaching my other atty, and even a different cart...nothing. If I wave the battery back and forth with nothing attached, it sometimes lights up on the LED, but no vapor or hit is produced. I have not dropped it, no juice leaked in it, and always keep it in a cool dry place. I have heard of batteries not lasting very long, but less than 2 weeks? This is ridiculous. Now, my manual battery works perfect, and I probably use it twice as much than I do the auto. Can someone please help?

Either it was almost DOA or juice got into it. You can't be certain 'no juice leaked into it' unless you held it above level the entire time you had it. Even then you could have blown juice into it. Anyway send it back.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Remove atty from battery and try just sucking air thru the battery by itself, to see if the LED lights. (You could also blow into the battery where the atty screw on.) If it lights but not very easily, tap it on the desk a few times. That fixed my auto dragon battery which didn't work very well at first, but now is fine. I guess the micro switch was just a bit sticky at first.
Anyway, if the LED lights easily but you still get nothing with an atty attached, then you might have pushed the positive battery connection in, just enough so it doesn't make contact with the atty. You can try to carefully pull it out a little bit with something like a paperclip. Or you could try the staple mod.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-center-conductor-gap-penstyle-atomizers.html

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
If this was a murder mystery involving a dead battery, the answer is almost always "the juice did it." The 510 was my first experience with a manual battery. I would LOVE to have an automatic battery, but I remember what it's like to have to suck harder to keep the switch thrown, and how may manual batteries I've thrown away. In the past six months I've lost only one manual battery. And it lasted 3-4 months which was longer than I would have expected. I've been using one (I rotate between two batteries, one charges one vapes) battery for almost 6 months. I have back ups but the sucker keeps on going.

It's cheaper to warranty a battery that isn't going to fail. And while the 510 doesn't flood as easily as a 901, there's always juice making it's way to the bottom. I'm glad it's one less thing to worry about.

A friend of mine is using another model and she's caught up in battery h@ll because she loves to drip. I'm switching her over to a 510 battery and a 306 atomizer. The best of both worlds. She can drip to her hearts content and bring an end to her murder spree.

--Prof Daffy

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
LOL... ah yes, I remember battery hell!

I have fixed juice stuck batteries before. Long skinny pieces of napkin forced in the hole, and set attachment side down on the counter over night to help remove any juice, then putting a paper clip inside and wiggling it about to unstick the switch.

The good ol' days of vaping (before the manual)... They were awful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread