Problem with Geekvape Super Mesh X1 - KA1 Replacement Coils - 0.2ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade Lehmkuhl

May 7, 2020
I've been using geekvape Super Mesh X1 - KA1 Replacement coils .2ohm for about 2.5 years. I use them in an Aero tank on a Aegis mod. I keep my wattage around 34. My batteries are Samsung 1800mah. When I change my coils I turn the wattage down to 30 & work my way up over about 2 hours. I haven't changed my liquid at all. But, the coils have not been lasting. I used to get at least a week out of a coil. Now, the first day it becomes increasingly difficult to draw. Then, the coil starts to taste burnt by day 2. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Jade Lehmkuhl

May 7, 2020
Sounds like an airflow problem to me.
Is your airflow opened up?
Are you actually prepping the coil, or just dropping it in and letting it soak for those 2 hours?
I have the airholes open all the way. I steep the coil by submerging it in e liquid for a minimum of 3 days before using it. I just drop a new one in my steeping container every time I put one in so it's ready for next time.

Jade Lehmkuhl

May 7, 2020
I've been using geekvape Super Mesh X1 - KA1 Replacement Coils .2ohm for about 2.5 years. I use them in an Aero tank on a Aegis mod. I keep my wattage around 34. My batteries are Samsung 1800mah. When I change my coils I turn the wattage down to 30 & work my way up over about 2 hours. I haven't changed my liquid at all. But, the coils have not been lasting. I used to get at least a week out of a coil. Now, the first day it becomes increasingly difficult to draw. Then, the coil starts to taste burnt by day 2. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?[/QUOTE
Welcome and glad you joined.
This might help:
How to get the most from your vape coils
Thank you. I've definitely been doing all of that.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I used those coils exclusively for about a year in Aero & Cerberus tanks at about 60w.
I got at least 90ml through through them IIRC and I never got a bum coil.

3 days steeping is way overkill.
I soaked them for a minute, put them in the tank, started them with dry puffs mixed with partial hits at 40W and ramped them up to 60W over the course of about 15 minutes to a half hour.

I'd first suspect your juice maker changed their formula or you're soaking them for too long without use maybe.
Also did you change suppliers? You might have got a bad batch or clones.

I used to track my juice usage on a calendar and always make 120ml at a time maintaining about 1/2 liter in my steep box.
Maybe you're using more juice per day. Track by mls used not by time.

Good luck

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread