Problem with Janty Ego-T (JETS) LR atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraiss

Apr 9, 2011
Latvia
Hello, everyone,

I have recently moved up to Ego, as my third e-cig, and im very happy with it, but i have a problem with the LR atomizer that came in kit. While my average atomizer is working flawlessly and working beyond my expectations i have a serious issue wit LR atomizer. After a usage of few days, it became an unbearable experience. It is hurting my throat and even tongue. Not just the taste, but it is really painful to smoke it. Do not know how to describe it, but i guess more experienced e-cig users should know what i mean - the vapor really hurts as soon it touches inside of mouth. I have read that there might be some clogging in the very atomizer, so i took 96% alcohol and washed it as youtube instructions tells. It did not help. Also, i have red that direct dripping would help, and it does, but helps for about 3-5 breathe-ins. Afterwards the pain is back. I have tried different fluids, VG and PG, but that does not change anything. I also have reviewed options for debridging this atomizer to get rid of tissue that might been burnt to coil of atomizer, but before that, i would like to consult with people here. I would like to repeat, that im not complaining, the product is awesome and this Joye tank system is marvelous and also, shipping costs exceed costs of the product itself, so i do not consider returning as an option. It is cheaper for me to just order some average atties, for usage, but maybe someone knows this problem and knows the possible solution. For now, this atty is laying on the table without any usage and i'm ready to disassemble it if necessary. Any comments are welcome. Yes, i know it is fluid thirsty, i've gone through zounds of pages describing this, but direct dripping after each two-three shots is not an option. Also short pull-ins is not a solution.

Thank You and sorry for my english.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
THE LR is a juice hog. Basically the tank ain't feeding the liquid to the atty quick enough. What type a liquid are you using (concentration PG/VG) it should be 80/20 tops IMO for LRs.

Take a paper clip and slightly lower the wick onto the bridge of the atty (by pushingthe wick down through the hole of the spike). This is known to help. It doesn't take much.

lauraiss

Apr 9, 2011
Latvia

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Weird, air holes are at the end of the battery, and there should be no fluid there. I'm complete newbie at e-cigs, and all i can do is wish You have Your wifes problem solved. In Your place i would try to clear all excessive fluid and possibly after trying to loosen wick by poking it, i would try to change it: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/169520-simplecjs-ego-t-wick-mod.html
The air holes are at the bottom on the atty, one in the bottom and two or four near the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread