Problem with kabuki p3/510 not working when in 510 mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydawg

May 20, 2017
Syracuse, NY
cant figure this out so hoping someone has an answer. I normally use my kabuki's in P3 mode using the new .7 coil and they work fine. Recently I tried to use the 510 adapter that comes with the tank on a 510 mod and I get an error. I tried multiple kabuki 510 adapters on multiple p3 kabukis on multiple 510 mods and I get the same error each time (the mod doesn't recognize the atomizer).

I have used the kabukis in 510 mode before and I used to have no problems. I made sure the nautalis coil was screwed down as far as it will go and that the 510 adapter was screwed all the way Down on the kabuki and on the 510 mod. The 510 mod can handle down the .7 ohm resistance so that is not the issue.

The only thing that is different is before when it worked I was using the 1.6 ohm coils. Is it possible the new .7 coils are a hair shorter and not making contact with the 510 adapter? I don't currently have any more of the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils to try at the moment. If anyone has an answer or suggestion I would greatly appreciate any advice.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Haven't used the 0.7 coils in my Kabuki yet, so I couldn't say. I've used the newer 1.8 Nautilus BVC coils and not had a problem, though. Currently using mine with the 510 connector on a steampunk, seems to be working fine. Can you try it with a different coil? That might be a worthwhile experiment, but I know Zen is sending out some Kabukis with the 0.7 coil these days, so I'd be surprised if it was your coil. You could try screwing it down a LITTLE tighter than finger tight, if it's not working, but honestly, I doubt it's the coil, unless you have a bad coil, maybe? I've gotten a few from time to time, where the machining was a little off, and it just didn't sit "tightly" as it were....

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
cant figure this out so hoping someone has an answer. I normally use my kabuki's in P3 mode using the new .7 coil and they work fine. Recently I tried to use the 510 adapter that comes with the tank on a 510 mod and I get an error. I tried multiple kabuki 510 adapters on multiple p3 kabukis on multiple 510 mods and I get the same error each time (the mod doesn't recognize the atomizer).

I have used the kabukis in 510 mode before and I used to have no problems. I made sure the nautalis coil was screwed down as far as it will go and that the 510 adapter was screwed all the way Down on the kabuki and on the 510 mod. The 510 mod can handle down the .7 ohm resistance so that is not the issue.

The only thing that is different is before when it worked I was using the 1.6 ohm coils. Is it possible the new .7 coils are a hair shorter and not making contact with the 510 adapter? I don't currently have any more of the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils to try at the moment. If anyone has an answer or suggestion I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Hi mate,

Which 510 devices/mods are giving you trouble?

cheers
I

ETA: Do you have an Authentic or a "style" kabuki?

Jaydawg

May 20, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Hi mate,

Which 510 devices/mods are giving you trouble?

cheers
I
I've tried it on procyon and Radius with the beauty ring and 510 attached as well a couple of box mods I have. Works on the procyon and radious with 510 adapter removed. Just seems very weird that I've tried 2 different kabukis with 2 different 510 adapters and no combination works anymore.

Reactions: stols001

Jaydawg

May 20, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Haven't used the 0.7 coils in my Kabuki yet, so I couldn't say. I've used the newer 1.8 Nautilus BVC coils and not had a problem, though. Currently using mine with the 510 connector on a steampunk, seems to be working fine. Can you try it with a different coil? That might be a worthwhile experiment, but I know Zen is sending out some Kabukis with the 0.7 coil these days, so I'd be surprised if it was your coil. You could try screwing it down a LITTLE tighter than finger tight, if it's not working, but honestly, I doubt it's the coil, unless you have a bad coil, maybe? I've gotten a few from time to time, where the machining was a little off, and it just didn't sit "tightly" as it were....

Anna
Yea I think I need to try a 1.6 or something. The .7 won't tighten anymore. The new kabukis that ship with .7 are all z2 threaded and are slightly redesigned. I have a few of those too and they work good.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread