Problem with new Dragon M401 atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
Well, I got my replacement kit last week because the batteries and atomizers both crapped out on me. Two days ago, the atty that was kicking has already kicked the bucket. My other atty had a difficult draw from the first drag and is still giving me a head rush. I doubt it's clogged, due to the atty doing this out of the box.

I never would have thought that this was possible to get two lemons in a row.... But it happened. I placed an order on LitecigUSA for 2 new atties(Hopefully, they work). FYI, I'm not interested in cartomizer style e-cigs. Are there any suggestions as to what I should do to get this atty working? I'm really feening for nicotine and have analogs in my pocket. PLEASE HELP!

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
I've found the M401 atties to be unreliable. My first lasted three weeks, the next 2 died a week a part. I've always felt the M401 runs dry on me too quick which I believe contributes to a short life. With all that said, I love my M401 but it's my occasional vape. I vape pretty heavily so I need something that keeps up with me. I have 510 that's my steady PV. As far as the M401 atty, sorry to say but I think it's luck of the draw with these atties.

Good luck!

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
I've found the M401 atties to be unreliable. My first lasted three weeks, the next 2 died a week a part. I've always felt the M401 runs dry on me too quick which I believe contributes to a short life. With all that said, I love my M401 but it's my occasional vape. I vape pretty heavily so I need something that keeps up with me. I have 510 that's my steady PV. As far as the M401 atty, sorry to say but I think it's luck of the draw with these atties.

Good luck!

I guess that they are unreliable, even though, all I heard was praise for the M401. That's why I purchased one. I guess that I'll have to make the best of it until I can afford a different model. I just haven't really considered the 510, due to shorter battery life. I just don't know what to do. Analogs make me sick and my e-cig makes me frustrated. :-x

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
There's a couple of different makes of M40x atties, Smoore being the original I believe.

They always seem to take a while to break in but then I am sure something is up with atties at the moment, the life-span seems to be really low on quite a few models. One manfuacturer has dropped the price quite low for atts (at wholesale), I wonder if they have a batch they ned to get rid of (not smoore)?

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
There's a couple of different makes of M40x atties, Smoore being the original I believe.

They always seem to take a while to break in but then I am sure something is up with atties at the moment, the life-span seems to be really low on quite a few models. One manfuacturer has dropped the price quite low for atts (at wholesale), I wonder if they have a batch they ned to get rid of (not smoore)?

Do you have a clue, as to if the Dragon atty is Smoore? Whole-sale price? I hope it doesn't include LitecigUSA....

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
I *think* they use Smoore, yes.

No, the dropped wholesale price doesn't include smoore:p It could just be a price breaks thing but being honest, it also coincides with a higher failure rate. Call me a cynic :)

Ok, *phew*. I hate cynical people; they bring out the worst in.... oops, lol. I just hope these new atties work well. At least more than a week.

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
You could ask the vendor, if they sell smoore they would probably be quite happy to say so (if asked) as the atomizers (lol) are superior. The best batteries for the M40x series, I think, come from SLB, at the least the auto's anyway; they don't fire if you sing at them. I have only tested this mildly so go easy on me if there is a huge problem I am not seeing.

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
The best time to judge a vendor is when the transaction goes not as well as the vendor would like, the guy might give amazing support (send you another one out and some other stuff as a big 'sorry'). One bad e-cig doesn't make a bad product or vendor so I would talk to the guy first.

Watch his batteries be SLB's, I'll look pretty dumb then :p

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
I wish I knew how to identify who makes the one's I have. They have been holding up real well but as I said before I don't vape these constantly, so that could attribute to the long life on these. I'll ask my supplier if they are Smoore and let you know.

I agree with Liberty...give your supplier a chance to make it right, if he doesn't then bail. Sorry I can't speak for or against Truesmoke as I've never dealt with them.

Last edited:

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
The best time to judge a vendor is when the transaction goes not as well as the vendor would like, the guy might give amazing support (send you another one out and some other stuff as a big 'sorry'). One bad e-cig doesn't make a bad product or vendor so I would talk to the guy first.

Watch his batteries be SLB's, I'll look pretty dumb then :p

I'm not blaming JD in the least, just where he gets his hardware. He has superior CS, but I don't want to wait for new items once every week. At this rate, I'll go nutty.... and there's no bouncing back from that.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
Out of interest, can you take a pciture of the atomizer bridge? If it is quite low, wide nd round then it's probably smoore. If its high, pointy and thing then is an SLB.

Joker, I might be able to tell you :p

I'm at work right now, with no access to a camera and I currently have no internet at home. Lol, I need to re-think my life, huh?

My atomiser is high bridged and has a pointy wick area though.

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
A semi-decent way of knowing if they are smoore's btw is they usually come in a blue wrapper. Not always though, Heavens Gifts are smoore (I am pretty certain) and they just came in clear bags. Intellicig, the healthiest choice, come in blue wrappers and again, I am sure they are smoore. It's a fun game I like to play :) If the iPhone had a macro on it then I could show you the difference between the types that I am aware of.

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
Dark, that to me is a SLB40x. Quite thin on the bridge, looks too sharp really? These in turn could be manufactured by someone else but I get hold of them through SLB. I find the batteries better although you have just had them all die so maybe I don't know jack. I do know the smoore batteries are poor for firing off on their own.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
A semi-decent way of knowing if they are smoore's btw is they usually come in a blue wrapper. Not always though, Heavens Gifts are smoore (I am pretty certain) and they just came in clear bags. Intellicig, the healthiest choice, come in blue wrappers and again, I am sure they are smoore. It's a fun game I like to play :) If the iPhone had a macro on it then I could show you the difference between the types that I am aware of.

My atties came in the kit, inside of blank carts, so I have no knowing whether they're Smoore or SBC(or whatever). I don't like the game, since I don't have the equipment to play. :p

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
5616d1261532209-401-veterans-help-please-pc210021.jpg

This picture is from a thread in the 401 subforums. The atty on the left is pointy (non Smoore) and the atty on the right is a Smoore atty. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread