Problem with Paypal Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernchick

Dec 22, 2009
Florida
I tried to order some Platinum Ice today from your US website. Order went through fine until I got to paypal - it would not let me use my credit card to pay for order.

I haven't encountered this problem before. Do you know if paypal is starting to not accept credit card payments for nic juice?

It does give me the option to use my bank account - but I would prefer to not provide paypal with my bank account info. Do I have other options?
Thanks...

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I can't say for sure but PayPal can be a pain in the rear end at times. You might need to call customer service at paypal to verify that you actually are trying to make the purchase. On the paypal site you will find a "contact us" link on the very bottom of the page. Click that and then find the link for a phone number. They will give you a pin number that you need to write down. After that you will get to speak to a representative, it might take a while but eventually they will get it straightened out or let you know what is wrong. It's possible but not likely that the vender you tried to purchase from does not have the full business account and without that you can only take money from a paypal ballance and not a credit or debit card.

I sell a ton of stuff with paypal and at times it can be very frustrating but it is the most secure way to go for the buyer.

I ordered $120 of Eliquid and accessories from Totally Wicked (USA) Friday night, and Paypal let me use my Mastercard Bank Card for the purchase.

I know it sounds funny ... I've found thru many years of Ebaying that if you have money in your Paypal account, they MAKE you use that as a funding source first if you are logged in when making the transaction! When I made my order Friday, I did so without "logging in to my account" -- try that next time.

Pillbox38 (TWUSA) is a VERIFIED member of Paypal, so we know that's not the reason.

southernchick

Dec 22, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the replies.

I retried the order and it still didn't go through. I really wanted to try the platinum ice, but not enough to go pay for a card at walmart when there is nothing wrong with mine.

I have ordered hardware from Totally Wicked before using paypal (same credit card). Paypal is such a pain....

Anyhow, since I'm not the most patient person :rolleyes: on the planet, I went ahead and ordered e-juice from another vendor - bonus was it was 1/2 off.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
I tried to order some Platinum Ice today from your US website. Order went through fine until I got to paypal - it would not let me use my credit card to pay for order.

I haven't encountered this problem before. Do you know if paypal is starting to not accept credit card payments for nic juice?

It does give me the option to use my bank account - but I would prefer to not provide paypal with my bank account info. Do I have other options?
Thanks...
Why not give them your bank acount info i've done this along time ago then your verrified member no problems money taken from from acount you chose. Paypal is trusted big time NO info given to nobody.:thumb:

gsc4077

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Richmond, VA
I have the same problem. I never use "my cards" online and always use a prepaid, haven't had any problems using them with other e-cig suppliers. After work today I made more than enough in tips to pick up a prepaid card in hopes of ordering a Tornado. But paypal says something to the extent of "cannot verify the card" (but they still took $2 from it :mad: )

Would I be able to use that card over the phone? and if so, can anybody tell me what time they open for calls?

I really want to get this one from TW! Would love to have this ordered first thing in the morning on Monday and cross my fingers it might get here before the weekend when i leave town again.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Wow, that actually worked :thumb:. Thanks. I'll have to remember not to log in next time. Thank you....
How can you do it without logging in? I've never been able to use my pay pal acct. without logging in. It seems like if you could you could use anybodies acct. I'm confused about that one.

How can you do it without logging in? I've never been able to use my pay pal acct. without logging in. It seems like if you could you could use anybodies acct. I'm confused about that one.

Make sure you are not logged in to paypal before placing your order, then just let the shopping cart take you all the way to the paypal payment processing screen.

When you attempt to make a paypal payment without logging in first , the payment screen still asks for email address so it can send you a receipt. After you enter enter it, paypal will ask you, "It look's like you have an account with paypal aready. Are you sure you wish to make this purchase without logging into your account?" -- Just say yes. Now, you can pay however you want, but your transaction will still show that payment came from a registered user.

If you you say no and let the transaction screen log you into your account ... paypal will MAKE you use whatever funds you have available in your paypal account at that time to pay for the purchase.

I've found that using a credit/debit card that's been linked to my paypal account previously and paying without logging in works perfect every time!

I know it's confusing ... maybe I could do a screen capture....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread