problem with PCC charging batts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderoad02

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Maryland
Im using my PCC to charge my batts since I dont have a charger. Thing is One of my batteries seems like it constantly is charging. I have had it in there for about 2 hours, PCC plugged in to an out let, but the red light stays on for the battery. The PCC light will turn green but the battery light never does. My other battery charges normal.

There is a difference in the connection side of the battery - on the one that is not turning green there is a slight cylindrical indent in the connection side. The one that charges is flat on the connection side. IS this the problem? Or are some 510 batts like this?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I've had this happen once. The only thing that worked to get that battery to get the PCC lights to show right was to use it till it died, then put it in the PCC.

Which is backwards from the way I usually use Li-ion batteries. I try to charge them before they go completely dead. (They don't really go completely dead, with a protected battery, they just cut off when the voltage output goes too low.)

The PCC should charge a battery just fine while it is charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread