Problems Swallowing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippy

Sep 28, 2014
Seattle, WA, USA
I am not new but haven't posted enough times to get out of the New Members Forum so here I am. I'm having major problems w my throat just closing on me. I've been vaping w an EVOD for about a year after about a year w the 510. I was using MBV Vanilla Custard but lately I've been using a mix of White Tea and Berry Creamy. I dropped the nic from 24 to 18 and the mix is 18mg w 12mg, 50/50 PG/VG. Here's my issue: Thurs I was driving and I took a drink of water (I'm always drinking water,) and half of it got down then my throat closed! I was coughing while trying to keep the rest of the water in my mouth, crazy I know, but I didn't know what to do! I was so scared, my son took the wheel and I finally just spit the water out all over the floor. I coughed my lungs out!! I had been having increasing trouble w my throat; often it will catch when I'm talking and my voice lowers or I can't talk at all and need to lower my head for some reason and wait for whatever it is to pass. I've searched but can't find any posts specifically about this. I'm going to continue to drop nic levels but IS it the nic or the PG or...? I've used other flavors too w same results. Please help I love vaping but I wanna live, too! Sorry so long, I am really scared here and needed to put all relent info in. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Last edited:

silenuz

Feb 24, 2015
Covington, GA, USA
I feel like I've had the same issue. When I first started I loved the custard and creamy flavors but experienced something like what you're saying, just not quite as serious. It felt like the back of my tongue and throat was swollen and annoying when I swallowed.

It went away after a day or so and ever since then even the smell of custards and a lot of dessert flavors give me a weird nauseous feeling. Sounds kind of crazy, maybe some kind of allergic reaction.

I've been vaping mostly unflavored and some fruity or tobacco flavors since then with no issue.

I know there's talk of pg allergies but I've used pg to test and no problems with that either.

ShipMyLiquid

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
100%VG would clog my atty, it's too thick, unfortunately. My son managed to get off basing but he barely smoked. I was a smoker for over 30 yrs and was so happy to find an actual way to quit! Haven't had an analog in over 2 yrs!

You can dilute 100% vg with distilled water untill it's thin enough to use. Just add a drop at a time untill you get the consistency you need. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread