Problems with dovpo dual topside fully functioning with profile ps rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
So I got a brand new dovpo dual topside, one of the only dual battery squonk mods, and I need two batters because the profile ps require over 100 watts with certain strips, like the nexmesh A1 strips, both strips in parallel mode equal .07 ohms
The problem is with the ohms this low, the computer chip won't let me fire above 118 watts on a full charge. I have brand new vtc6s 3000 mah each the best battery available.
I just spent hella money so I'm really upset this is happening. I want to vape it at 132 watts and it drops to 115 or so when I fire it.
I used to have the geek vape l200 and I didn't have this problem with that mod.
Now I want to buy another dual battery squonk mod but I'm scared the same thing will happen and more money will be wasted
So is there anything I can do to fix it? Or is there a dual battery sqwuonker that can do what I want?

About to just say screw squonking and drip. Really sad.

Attachments

• 16745223952662932308394312774110.jpg
    16745223952662932308394312774110.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: TARTARA

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Since when do regulated mods blow up?

It's pretty Rare for a Regulated Mod to Blow Up. Because the Vast Majority of people Aren't pushing things like you are. Or have such a Poor Understanding of what is going on. But will Aggressively Challenge those who are trying to Help You.

Here's Life Lesson #7: If Everyone around you tells you you are doing something Wrong, even Total Strangers, then you are Probably doing something wrong. And in a Clear Moment, should think about things.

And why would wotofo sell me a product that would harm me?

Give me a real response instead of a meme.

Go to wotofo.com and look at the profile ps rda, scroll down, and it shows you all the different mesh strips you can use. I'm using the nexmesh A1. Wotofo has its statistics and all.

It's not some custom wire build that I made up.

I'm just following directions from wotofo.

OK, I got sick of hearing "Just go to Wotofo.com, Just go to Wotofo.com." So I did. And here is what I saw...

Profile PS Dual RDA

Specifications
RDA Type: Dual Mesh RDA
Deck Diameter: Ф28.5mm
Overall Height: 35.5mm (with 810 drip tip and 510 pin)
Drip Tip: 810 Resin Drip Tip
Coil Configuration: Dual Mesh in Parallel or Series
Included Mesh Resistance: 0.30Ω (series build: 0.60Ω; parallel build: 0.15Ω)
Wattage Range: 60-90W
Recommended Wattage: 75-85W
Juice Well Capacity: 3ml
Juice Feeding Method: Drip / Squonk
Airflow Type: Adjustable Side Airflow
Body Material: Stainless Steel
Insulator Material: German PEEK
Threading: 510 Thread

So Wotofo says the Wattage Range for the Profile PS Dual is 60~90W. With a Recommended Wattage of 75~85W.

Then I looked at those Mesh Strips you say you use...

nexMESH A1 Mesh Coil

0.13 ohms
16mm by 6.8mm
Wattage Range: 60W – 70W

"The Kanthal A1 nexMESH Mesh Coil is made of Kanthal material with a built-in resistance of 0.13ohms. The coil measures 16mm by 6.8mm and can be placed easily on the profile RDA or RTA. For the best performance, the recommended wattage range is 60W-70W. The Kanthal A1 coil has round shaped holes with plenty of surface area."

Once again a Run of the Mill Wattage Range of 60 ~ 70W.

But here is something Interesting. Notice the Resistance is give at 0.13 Ohms. Which would fit in with what Wotofo Mods are capable of Doing. But you say the Build is 0.07 Ohms. Which is Half of what the OEM says they are. So that makes me Wonder if you are running your RDA in Parallel Mode and you don't know it?

Anyway you Slice it, something is Seriously Wacked with that setup. And the Numbers you say are Cool Aren't what Wotofo has on their Website. Or make any sense for that matter.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
With every new post the OP reveals more and more of what he DOES NOT understand.

It must taste good......
img_3880.jpg

Ya know...... It's been said millions of times......
You-can-lead-a-horse-to-water.jpg

And it's soooooo freakin' true!!!

Perhaps we'll read about and/or see you in the news.

Good luck!!!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
And the nexmesh A1 strips are the best flavor you can get off of ANY vape on the market right now.

That's very subjective......

Every vaper is different and has their own preference for what is best.

What's best for you is NOT the best for ALL. :greengrin:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
It's the yihi chip doing it.

Per the specs...

The Yihi chip in your Dovpo Dual Topside will only fire down to 0.1Ω -- not to 0.07Ω.

Your Dovpo Dual Topside is functioning correctly.

And I'm only at 4.8 amps at 118 wats so your math is off. Which is as high as it'll let me go at .07 ohms.

LOL... ummm, no... a 0.07Ω coil will not draw 4.8 amps. No way, no how.

A 0.07Ω coil draws 60 amps.

A 0.87Ω coil draws 4.8 amps.

Ohms Law.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can't do that, I'm using the profile ps rda which uses mesh strips, I can just slightly alter it like a coil wrap.

I'm using the nexmesh A1 strips.

And the nexmesh A1 strips are the best flavor you can get off of ANY vape on the market right now.

OK... So No other Strips can get you thru the Night?

BTW - Forget about all the Math and the Formulas and the Greek Symbols for a second. Does it make sense that about the Lowest Ohm Build you hear of around hear, 0.07 Ohms, would Only be Pulling 4.8 Amps from the Batteries?

Does that really make sense to You?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Per the specs...

The Yihi chip in your Dovpo Dual Topside will only fire down to 0.1Ω -- not to 0.07Ω.

Your Dovpo Dual Topside is functioning correctly.

LOL... ummm, no... a 0.07Ω coil will not draw 4.8 amps. No way, no how.

A 0.07Ω coil draws 60 amps.

A 0.87Ω coil draws 4.8 amps.

Ohms Law.

I believe the Dovpo Dual Topside is a Regulated Mod. So you Calculate Amp Draw at the Battery using Watts Law.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't think going over the amp rating on a regulated mod is going to hurt anything.
On the DNA and as and iq chips it fires perfectly fine no problems.

Your thinking is all Bass Ackwards.

It's Not the Mod or the Chip you should be Worried about. It's pushing the Battery(s) Too Hard and the having one or both go into Thermal Runaway.

And for what? So you can somehow make a RDA do something that you like with what you have?

Do Yourself, and those around you, a favor. If you just Can't Figure Out how to make things work using Lower Watts on what you have, then buy a Dual 21700 Regulated Mod and get a set of Batteries can hand those Amps that you just have to use.

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
Yeah there are some quite different types of 18650, some with a lot of Mahs so they "suppose to can last longer", and some with a lot of Amds and they "suppose to can handle bigger loads... ! On these high Watts - low builds they are playing a crucial role... you you have to be very careful !
And on michanical mods too, you have to know very good before you use them, because you don't have any protections like in the regulated mods, there you are playing with the fire... !
For me with my MTL RTAs on a regulated mod doesn't matter so much, but it's better to have batterys with a lot of mahs !
Just my opinion, you have to do you own research... in general... !

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    You're failing to understand the message these other guys are trying to convey to you. While yes, regulated mods are pretty safe when it comes to battery usage and draw, there's some common sense that needs to be used when vaping which they're not seeing, and neither am I.

Your logic says how can a car company sell cars if they can cause you serious harm? Well because, they assume you'll use the product as it was intended, and when done so correctly, the risk is minimal.

At one point you said your very high wattage was pulling 4 or so amps, and then later said you set the device to variable voltage mode at 3.3V and it was working great. Well, if you fully understand Ohm's Law and did some quick mental math, you would know between these two values, you're only going to get out about 13W, so your math isn't adding up. What these guys are trying to point out to you is, you don't quite understand how it all works well enough to be trying to do the risky things you're doing.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @HashiramadYomama

Had you in your first post asked something like......

"hey folks, this is what I have and this is what I would like to do, is it possible, am I missing something, what should I be using, am I doing something wrong"

......the reception you received would have been starkly different.

Instead, you came on like a Mack truck, pedal to the metal, full speed, and "fully declared" - - - I have the best batteries - - - I have the best coil - - - This Is the Best - - - This is what I am going to do - - - You guys are rippin' on me and I don't - - - "understand" - - - why.

That ^^^^^^^^^ is a recipe for Disaster.

"Tart Words make no Friends: spoonful of honey will catch more flies than Gallon of Vinegar."
    --written by Benjamin Franklin in his 1744 publication Poor Richard's Almanack.

FWIW, we "tried" helping you...... You fully resisted any help and dug your heels in.

Do not be offended as I am merely stating the truth - - - your vaping knowledge is lacking.
    You made that CrYsTaL clear on Monday and again on Tuesday.

How come no one just suggested I get those batteries?
    You were told on Day 1 that the batteries you were using were under-powered. In your replies you went on to try and "justify" their use.

Why didn't you ask - - - "are there better batteries I should be using" - - - ???

And wotofo should've added a note that you'd need a certain high power setup to be able to use the nexmesh A1s effectively for ......s like me
    Don't "blame" Wotofo for your failing to do proper research and your own lack of knowledge.

As vapers, it IS the responsibility of each individual to learn all that is required for their vaping needs.

You want to blame someone? Look in the Mirror.

The dovpo is letting me go to the watts it feels is safe,
    There is no such thing as - - - "it feels safe" - - - in vaping. Thinking there is, is a mere Illusion created by yourself in an attempt to further justify the unjustifiable.

In vaping there is - - - "is it safe" or "is it not safe".
    There is no "it feels safe" and there are no in-betweens.

With vaping...... Knowledge Is Power. <------ That is an undeniable Fact.

Lack of knowledge is Ignorance...... and can be very Dangerous!!!

There are many threads on ECF, and blogs, explaining, In Great Detail, all about batteries, coils, wire types and Ohm's Law. All written by very Intelligent people - - - who know their sh*t (inside/out).

The ECF Advanced Search function ---> is your Friend. You might consider using it.

I'll help you. Start with Mooch's Blog entries. In case you do not know... Mooch is the battery Expert.

Then read Baditude's Blog entries.

Do not be offended by my post, nothing I've written is meant to be offensive nor is it a personal attack on you.

Good luck!!!

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    You don't need to know Ohm's Law if you are using a regulated mod with normal wattage needs - something like 80 or less watts. What you are attempting to do does require some understanding of mod cuttoffs and battery specs because you are looking for extreme performance.

First off, you should really be looking at these (18650 pt.1, 18650 pt.2, and various other battery sizes) compiled charts made by Mooch which shows tested and actual battery performance specs. OEM battery companies are usually pretty decent about stating somewhat legitimate specs, and these brands include: Molicel, Sony/Murata, LG, Panasonic/Sanyo, Samsung, Lishen, & Bak. There are other OEM brands, but it's very unlikely that you'll see them.

Sony VTC6's are great batteries, but only for specific uses. High wattage mod use is not one of them.

"But this is not a high performance “power” cell, designed for high current. It is a high capacity “energy” cell designed for low to moderate power levels and long running time. At higher current levels the voltage sag and power loss in the cell are huge. Do not exceed 20A." -Mooch

Here's a link to the tested performance of the VTC6's and they're rated with a CDR (continuous discharge rating) of 15A. It can be used up to 20A until the battery reaches 80℃, and then you must allow the battery to cool off before continuing to use it. Choosing to continue to use the battery when this temperature is reached puts you in danger of thermal runaway which is an explosive chemical reaction that the battery cannot contain. This has caused facial deformations and loss of fingers, and was likely a result of those individuals who were also told they didn't need to know Ohm's Law to vape. I want to add that with this type of use, you are excessively stressing the battery and this will shorten the cycle life by quite a bit even if it/they never explode.

but each battery is rated for 35 amps so I can go 70 according to the batteries
    There is no such thing as an 18650 that has a CDR of 35A. 30A is as high as I've seen them, and those are with Samsung 20S's and LG HB6's at a great loss of battery capacity (2000mAh and 1500mAh respectively).

If your desired amp draw is 43 and the mod's cuttoff is 40A, yes it's going to get pissy.
    (not sure if the reading was accurate since each battery can only go 20 amps)
    This is incorrect. You can draw however many amps you want from the battery (to a point) but you're going to experience an extreme amount of battery sag (lag) and your batteries are going to get very hot very quickly which is why the CDR exists.
    so my question is will the mod just cut it off at 40 amps or is it more of a close estimate because I'm not sure how the chipsets work exactly
    It's likely a close estimate w/in an amp or so.
    Since I was under the impression I didn't need to know ohms law for regulated mod usage, I felt wotofo could've said something.
    I can bet Wotofo didn't tell you this. Neither did any of the OEM battery brands.
    I'm not experienced with talking on forums so cut me some slack just a wee bit for my text language and how I may come across
    The lashback you're receiving in this thread isn't exactly your lack of knowledge on the matter, it's how you're coming across with your misinformation.

The question I have for you is why do you have to vape at 43A? I've been DL vaping for over 8 years now, and have only ever needed to vape at 70W max for every day usage; usually it's 45-60W. I get tons of flavor and the cloud production is great. Sure, I've tested a triple coil series RDA that was hungry for over 11V, but that was merely for testing purposes for a review.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm sensing an infatuation with flexing your insane wattage. For what, TikTok? You're not going to find much support on ECF for that, as we generally support those who are here because they "need" a solution and don't necessarily "want" it for flexing purposes. I'm sure there are plenty of Facebook groups echo chambering what it is you seek.

I'm not trying to chase you off, but we encourage the passing of valid information and safe practices. If you wish to continue down the path you're on, good luck.

Last edited:

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2023
    And wotofo should've added a note that you'd need a certain high power setup to be able to use the nexmesh A1s effectively for ......s like me
    When you are looking to get a product, you have to do your own research and to watch multiple reviews so you can know if it fits for your use ! Yeah i get it, sometimes it's difficult, and the reviewers sometimes they don't tell anything or the put a simple bulb or the bulb that was in the packege... "and there you go... you are good to go... " !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread